Digital TV News: Silicon Motion
Silicon Motion Announces Results for the Period Ended December 31, 2009
Feb 1, 2010 – Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) has announced its fourth quarter 2009 results. Sales of mobile communication products, which include primarily mobile TV and CDMA RF ICs, decreased 41% from the third quarter to US$3.6 million in the fourth quarter.
News categories: Silicon Motion, CMMB, ISDB, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Results, SBTVD, Semiconductor
Silicon Motion Announces Third Quarter Results for the Period Ended September 30, 2008
Oct 30, 2008 – Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) has announced its third quarter 2008 financial results. In the quarter, Silicon Motion achieved five T-DMB SoC design wins with LG, Samsung, and Pantech & Curitel for Korea mobile TV handsets.
News categories: Silicon Motion, CMMB, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Results, Semiconductor, T-DMB
MegaChips and Silicon Motion Co-Develop World's Smallest and Lowest Power ISDB-T Mobile TV Tuner-Demodulator SoC
Oct 15, 2008 – Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) and MegaChips (Tokyo: 6875) have jointly developed the world's smallest and lowest power consumption ISDB-T mobile TV tuner-demodulator system-on-chip.
News categories: Silicon Motion, MegaChips, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Japan, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Semiconductor
Silicon Motion Announces Second Quarter Results for the Period Ended June 30, 2008
Jul 29, 2008 – Sales by Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) of mobile communication products, which include mobile TV tuners and other RF ICs, were $10.0 million for the second quarter, an increase of 31% from the first quarter primarily due to higher mobile TV IC sales.
News categories: Silicon Motion, Multiscreen, Results, Semiconductor
Samsung Selects Silicon Motion DVB-H Tuner for New Mobile Phone
May 28, 2008 – Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) has announced that its FC2750 DVB-H mobile TV tuner has been selected by Samsung for its recently launched SGH-P960 mobile phone, which will be available in many European markets.
News categories: Silicon Motion, Samsung, Digital TV, DVB-H, Europe, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
Silicon Motion Announces Agreement to Acquire FCI
Apr 18, 2007 – Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (Nasdaq: SIMO) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Future Communications IC, Inc., ("FCI") a leading designer of RF ICs for mobile television and wireless communications.
News categories: Future Communications IC (FCI), Digital TV, M&A, Multiscreen, S-DMB, Semiconductor, T-DMB
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal