Digital TV News: Silicon Motion
Silicon Motion Announces Results for the Period Ended December 31, 2009
Feb 1, 2010 — Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) has announced its fourth quarter 2009 results. Sales of mobile communication products, which include primarily mobile TV and CDMA RF ICs, decreased 41% from the third quarter to US$3.6 million in the fourth quarter.
News categories: Silicon Motion, CMMB, ISDB, Mobile, One-Seg, Results, SBTVD, Semiconductor
Silicon Motion Announces Third Quarter Results for the Period Ended September 30, 2008
Oct 30, 2008 — Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) has announced its third quarter 2008 financial results. In the quarter, Silicon Motion achieved five T-DMB SoC design wins with LG, Samsung, and Pantech & Curitel for Korea mobile TV handsets.
News categories: Silicon Motion, CMMB, Mobile, One-Seg, Results, Semiconductor, T-DMB
MegaChips and Silicon Motion Co-Develop World's Smallest and Lowest Power ISDB-T Mobile TV Tuner-Demodulator SoC
Oct 15, 2008 — Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) and MegaChips (Tokyo: 6875) have jointly developed the world's smallest and lowest power consumption ISDB-T mobile TV tuner-demodulator system-on-chip.
News categories: Silicon Motion, MegaChips, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Japan, Mobile, One-Seg, Semiconductor
Silicon Motion Announces Second Quarter Results for the Period Ended June 30, 2008
Jul 29, 2008 — Sales by Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) of mobile communication products, which include mobile TV tuners and other RF ICs, were $10.0 million for the second quarter, an increase of 31% from the first quarter primarily due to higher mobile TV IC sales.
News categories: Silicon Motion, Mobile, Results, Semiconductor
Samsung Selects Silicon Motion DVB-H Tuner for New Mobile Phone
May 28, 2008 — Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) has announced that its FC2750 DVB-H mobile TV tuner has been selected by Samsung for its recently launched SGH-P960 mobile phone, which will be available in many European markets.
News categories: Silicon Motion, Samsung, Digital TV, DVB-H, Europe, Mobile, Semiconductor
Silicon Motion Announces Agreement to Acquire FCI
Apr 18, 2007 — Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (Nasdaq: SIMO) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Future Communications IC, Inc., ("FCI") a leading designer of RF ICs for mobile television and wireless communications.
News categories: Future Communications IC (FCI), Digital TV, M&A, Mobile, S-DMB, Semiconductor, T-DMB
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision