Digital TV News: TTP
More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
May 16, 2013 — The European Audiovisual Observatory has just taken stock of on-demand audiovisual services on the occasion of the Cannes Film Market. These data are available in the MAVISE database, which has now been expanded to cover on-demand audiovisual services in Europe.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Europe, Market Research
Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
May 15, 2013 — A new report from Juniper Research has found that by 2017, 2 billion mobile and tablet users will watch TV and video on their devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
May 15, 2013 — Belkin has announced the availability of its receiver accessory for Dyle™ mobile TV. Paired with the Dyle™ TV app, the receiver makes live broadcast television available, without an Internet connection, to iOS device users in 37 major markets across the USA.
News categories: Belkin, Dyle, Apps, ATSC Mobile DTV, Digital TV, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
May 15, 2013 — Rapid conversion means that the number of digital homes in Eastern Europe will nearly double between 2012 and 2018, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Eastern Europe report estimates that 13 million digital TV homes will be added in 2013 alone.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Freesat now in 1.7 million UK homes
May 1, 2013 — Freesat, the UK’s free-to-air digital satellite television provider has announced 2012/13 results. Having added c.150,000 homes in the last 12 months, Freesat remains the UK's fastest growing established TV platform, and continues to outgrow Pay-TV rivals.
News categories: Freesat, Market Research, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
North America to continue to add pay TV subs
May 1, 2013 — Despite all of the talk about cord-cutting, a new report from Digital TV Research states that the number of pay TV subscribers in North America will continue to increase – albeit at a slow rate. However, the report states that pay TV penetration will remain flat.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA
18 million DVB-T2 STBs set to ship in 2015
Apr 24, 2013 — According to ABI Research, if remaining analogue television shutoff timelines go largely as planned, over 18 million DVB-T2 STBs will ship in 2015.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Apple iTunes Dominates Internet Video Market
Apr 23, 2013 — According to NPD, Apple dominates the home digital-video sector in much the same way that it dominates digital music. iTunes’ share of electronic sell-through for television shows reached 67 percent in 2012 with Xbox Video, the nearest competitor, on 14 percent of the market.
News categories: NPD Group, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results