Digital TV News: Telesat
Telesat Successfully Launches Nimiq 6 Satellite
May 18, 2012 — Telesat has successfully launched its Nimiq 6 direct broadcast satellite. Nimiq 6 carries 32 high powered Ku-band transponders that are fully contracted to Bell TV (TSX, NYSE: BCE) for 15 years.
News categories: Telesat, Bell TV, Canada, Infrastructure, Satellite
More challenging environment ahead for the satellite communications sector
Aug 11, 2011 — Euroconsult has announced that the market reached new revenue highs once again. According to Euroconsult, the fixed satellite sector grew both in terms of transponder demand (+4.4%) and revenue, which reached $10.8 billion in 2010.
News categories: Euroconsult, Market Research, Satellite
Telesat to Launch New Anik G1 Satellite for Shaw Direct
Mar 31, 2010 — Telesat has announced that it has completed an agreement for a new satellite with one of its key customers, Shaw Direct. Shaw Direct has agreed to utilize a payload on a new Telesat satellite called Anik G1.
News categories: Telesat, Shaw Direct, Canada, Infrastructure, Satellite
Pace partners with M7 Group in major HD roll out
Feb 22, 2010 — Luxembourg-based satellite TV operator M7 Group has chosen set-top box technology from Pace (LSE:PIC) to bring high definition (HD) TV content and personal video recording to its customers.
News categories: Pace plc, Belgium, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Middleware, Netherlands, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
Satellite TV platforms maintain growth despite tight consumer spending
Jan 14, 2010 — Euroconsult has announced that growth in the satellite pay-TV market remained strong in 2009 despite the global economic downturn. According to their report, the number of TV platforms in service increased to 113 in 2009 (+38% in three years).
News categories: Euroconsult, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision