Digital TV News: TiVo Inc
TiVo Launches TiVo Mini, Extends Whole-Home Viewing Experience
Mar 11, 2013 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the retail availability of TiVo® Mini, a companion device that allows TiVo users to access apps and extend the viewing of live TV, recorded and streaming content, as well as on-demand programming, to rooms throughout their homes without an additional TiVo DVR.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Digital TV, Home Networking, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo reports results for its year ended January 31, 2013
Feb 26, 2013 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended January 31, 2013. For the quarter, service and technology revenues were $65.7 million, which was the highest in TiVo's history. TiVo reported a net loss of $(15.8) million.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Set Top Box, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
Verimatrix to Secure Com Hem Multiscreen Services With Hybrid VCAS™ Security
Feb 19, 2013 — Verimatrix and Com Hem have announced that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System has been selected to secure Com Hem's multi-screen TV services scheduled to launch Spring 2013. The new service will be delivered via the TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) advanced television solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, Com Hem, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Virgin Media Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2012 Results
Feb 6, 2013 — Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED; LSE: VMED) has announced results for the year and quarter ended December 31, 2012. Virgin Media added 896,900 more TiVo customers during 2012, including 187,300 in the fourth quarter to reach a total of 1.33m or 35% of its TV customer base.
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers, UK
TiVo Brings Spotify to TiVo Premiere Boxes
Dec 18, 2012 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the availability of the Spotify music streaming service for its TiVo Premiere boxes in the US. Spotify joins TiVo's current musical lineup of Pandora, Rhapsody, Live365 and Music Choice.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Spotify, Apps, Set Top Box, USA
Cable ONE Selects TiVo to Provide Advanced Television Experience
Nov 28, 2012 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Cable ONE have announced that Cable ONE has selected TiVo as its exclusive software provider for all new DVRs purchased starting with TiVo's whole-home and multi-screen suite of products.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable ONE, Cable TV, Digital TV, Home Networking, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, USA
Virgin Media launches TV Anywhere
Nov 7, 2012 — Virgin Media (NASDAQ, LSE: VMED) has launched Virgin TV Anywhere, a new ‘cloud-based’ entertainment service exclusively for Virgin TV customers giving them the flexibility to enjoy their favourite TV content on computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Virgin Media, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
TiVo and Midcontinent Announce Strategic Partnership
Oct 11, 2012 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Midcontinent Communications have announced that Midcontinent has selected TiVo to provide its next-generation television experience including TiVo's whole-home and multi-screen suite of products.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Midcontinent, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, USA
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision