Digital TV News: Tricolor TV
Liberty Global extends its dominance in Europe
Nov 13, 2013 – Pay TV subscriptions for the 102 operators across 26 countries covered in a new report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 105.8 million in 2008 to 131.9 million in 2012 and onto 147.1 million by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
DTH TV platforms to pass $100 Billion in revenues this year
Nov 12, 2013 – Euroconsult has announced the release of its yearly reference report on satellite television. The 202 million DTH subscribers in over 100 countries (early in 2013) will result in over $100 billion in revenues this year.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Revillon, Digital TV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Pay TV penetration in Russia reaches 60%
Oct 17, 2013 – According to industry analysts TelecomDaily, the number of pay-TV subscribers in Russia at the end of the third quarter of 2013 was 33.3 million up from 32.5 million at the end of the the second quarter.
News categories: TelecomDaily, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
13 million households in Russia have Tricolor TV
Aug 12, 2013 – Russian DTH operator, Tricolor TV, has announced that it has more than 2 million subscribers to its high definition (HD) service. Tricolor TV is now present in over 13 million households in Russia with 9.6 million paying subscribers.
News categories: Tricolor TV, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Russia at end-1H 2013
Aug 5, 2013 – According to iKS-Consulting, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of June 2013 was 32.5 million, up 13% compared with the same point in 2012. The number of operators with a subscriber base of over 1 million increased during that time from 5 to 7.
News categories: iKS-Consulting, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
May 15, 2013 – The results of a survey produced by Eutelsat and Ipsos on TV reception modes and trends in Russia has shown that of the 53 million TV homes in Russia, 24% are equipped for Direct-to-Home satellite reception, making satellite the country's leading platform for digital television.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Ipsos, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Russia, Satellite
Pay TV penetration to reach 74% in Russia in 2017
Feb 22, 2013 – According to a J'son & Partners Consulting study, pay TV penetration in Russia in 2012 reached 58%, a rate expected to grow to 74% in 2017. Russia had 31.9 million pay TV households connected to cable, satellite or IPTV in 2012.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
One million HD subscribers for Russia's Tricolor TV
Jan 16, 2013 – Russian satellite operator Tricolor TV has announced that it now has more than one million subscribers taking its high definition (HD) television service.
News categories: Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV