Digital TV News: UPC
T-Home and MinDig TV Extra gaining market share in Hungary
Apr 26, 2013 — According to the data released by Hungary's Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in March 2013 the number of households with digital television subscriptions at the country's largest broadcasters was 1,895,200, up from 1,863,293 in March 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Netherlands ends 2012 with 6.375 million digital TV connections
Mar 14, 2013 — The number of digital TV connections in the Netherlands grew by 1.8 percent during the fourth quarter of 2012 to 6.375 million on 31 December 2012, according to Telecompaper's quarterly Dutch Television Subscribers report.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Netherlands adds 560,000 digital TV subscribers in year to September 2012
Mar 5, 2013 — The Netherlands' Independent Post and Telecommunications Authority (OPTA) has published figures on the communication markets in the country for Q3 2012. The number of digital TV subscribers at the end of the quarter increased 9.8% compared with the end of the same period of 2011.
News categories: Onafhankelijke Post en Telecommunicatie Autoriteit, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Sky Deutschland customer base up 351,000 in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 — Sky Deutschland has released 2012 full-year results. Sky's customer base grew by 351,000 (or 12%) to 3,363,000 at year's end. The number of Sky+ customers increase by 126% to 929,000.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Austria, Germany, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Hungary adds 178,000 digital TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 18, 2013 — According to Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in December 2012 the number of households with digital TV subscriptions for the country's largest broadcasters was 1,836,428, up from 1,657,977 in December 2011.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
700,000 subscribers at UPC DTH
Dec 17, 2012 — UPC DTH has announced that its customer base has reached 700,000. Since UPC separated its satellite business from its cable operations in Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia, UPC DTH has managed to grow its subscriber base more than 10% annually.
News categories: UPC DTH, Czech Republic, Hungary, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Switzerland's upc cablecom introduces HbbTV
Dec 14, 2012 — Swiss cable operator upc cablecom has announced that, from January 2013, subscribers will be able to use the additional digital functions offered by HbbTV. TV subscribers can then benefit from background information on programmes and can use content interactively via Internet.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Switzerland
100,000 subscribers reached in Czech Republic on freeSAT
Nov 28, 2012 — UPC DTH has announced that its freeSAT service in the Czech Republic has reached the milestone of 100,000 customers.
News categories: freeSAT, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results