Digital TV News: ViXS Systems
ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
Dec 10, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced results for its third quarter, ending October 31, 2013. ViXS reported Q3FY14 revenue of $7.9 million, gross margin of 47.5%, total comprehensive loss of $4.6 million, and non-IFRS net loss of $4.2 million.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Results, Semiconductor
ViXS to integrate latest generation of NAGRA security
Sep 25, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it is integrating NAGRA's NOCS 3 conditional access and digital rights management technology in its XCode 6400 family. NOCS 3 represents the latest embedded hardware security technology from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S).
News categories: ViXS, NAGRA, Maurice van Riek, Sally Daub, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor
Wyplay media gateway software running on ViXS XCode
Sep 13, 2013 – ViXS (TSX: VXS) has announced that their partnership with Wyplay has led to the development of an open platform for operator media gateways, customisable to have a look and feel based on the operator's unique requirements.
News categories: ViXS, Wyplay, David Jones, Dominique Feral, Gateway, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor
ViXS announces world's first SoC with native support for 10-bit HEVC and Ultra HD 4K
Sep 11, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its most advanced SoC solution for video devices in the pay television and consumer electronics markets, the XCode 6400, supporting the latest video codecs and broadcast resolution standards.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sally Daub, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS media processor selected by Sony for Personal Content Station
Jul 18, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that the ViXS XCode 4210, an SoC for consumer media devices, has been selected by Sony for its newly launched Personal Content Station LLS-201 (PCS) product.
News categories: ViXS, Sony Corp, Digital TV, Home Networking, Home Server, Semiconductor
BSkyB invests in ViXS Systems
Jun 25, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced that BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has made a strategic investment in the company. The investment was part of a recent private placement that was oversubscribed and raised more than $CDN 57.4 million as part of a going public transaction.
News categories: ViXS Systems, BSkyB, Sally Daub, Digital TV, M&A, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS announces world's first 10-bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC transcoder chip
Apr 5, 2013 – ViXS Systems has announced its XCode Pro 350, the world's first silicon solution for transcoding 10-bit HEVC content to MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, enabling the media industry to save bandwidth for distributing existing content formats as well as the next-generation Ultra HD at 4K resolution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Broadcasting, Digital TV, ICs, Infrastructure, NABShow, Semiconductor
KAONMEDIA Launches Gateway Set-top Box Based On ViXS XCode Media Processor
Jan 9, 2013 – ViXS has announced that KAONMEDIA has chosen the ViXS XCode 4208 for its Entry Level Gateway (ELG). The ELG is a 'Headless Gateway' STB that transcodes and wirelessly streams content directly to client devices both on the home network and outside the home.
News categories: ViXS, KAONMEDIA, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Semiconductor
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)