Digital TV News: Vivendi
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
May 14, 2013 — Vivendi has released its first quarter 2013 results. At the end of March 2013, Canal+ Group’s total subscription portfolio was up 285,000 year-on-year, thanks to good performances in the Canal+ Overseas territories, in particular in Africa and Vietnam.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Africa, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT, nc+) releases 2012 results
Feb 26, 2013 — Vivendi has released its 2012 results. Launched commercially in January 2012, the number of subscribers for GVT's pay-TV service reached 406,000 at the end of 2012. Canal+ France had 11.363 million subscriptions at the end of the year.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite
Poland's UOKiK gives consent to ITI/CANAL+ satellite JV
Sep 14, 2012 — Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has approved the setting up of a satellite TV joint venture in the country by TVN and Vivendi. The deal will combine TVN's 'n' platform and Vivendi's Cyfra Plus.
News categories: UOKiK, Vivendi, TVN Group, M&A, Poland, Regulation, Satellite
Demand for Digital Entertainment and Growing Internet Users to Drive Global Market for Internet TV
May 3, 2012 — According to GIA, the market for Internet TV is forecast to reach US$81.2 billion by the year 2017, driven by soaring demand for digital media entertainment, growing penetration of high-bandwidth broadband, and rapid proliferation of Internet-enabled devices.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, OTT
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Next Generation IPTV and Multi-Screen Platform for Chunghwa Telecom
Mar 19, 2012 — Verimatrix has announced that its Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solutions have been selected for the IPTV and multi-screen upgrade at Taiwan's largest telecom operator, Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT).
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Ericsson, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan, TVConnect
Canal+ France adds 158,000 subscribers in 2011
Mar 1, 2012 — Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for 2011. At the end of December 2011, Canal+ France had 11.216 million subscriptions, a net increase of 158,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Vivendi, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
GVT launches hybrid satellite pay TV in Brazil
Sep 15, 2011 — GVT (Paris:VIV) has announced the pre-launch of its hybrid satellite pay TV service for Brazil. The service combines broadcast satellite TV with IPTV content delivered over GVT's broadband network.
News categories: GVT, Brazil, Digital TV, Home Networking, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite
Global Market for Internet TV to Reach $81.2 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2011 — Global Industry Analysts has announced the release of a comprehensive global report on Internet TV. The global market for Internet TV is forecast to reach $81.2 billion by the year 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps