Digital TV News: Vivendi
Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
Nov 26, 2013 – Vivendi’s Supervisory Board has validated the group’s planned demerger. Based on the analysis submitted, this plan could take the form of a distribution of SFR shares to Vivendi shareholders on the day of the transaction.
News categories: Vivendi, SFR, Jean-René Fourtou, Digital TV, France, IPTV, M&A, Satellite
GVT and EchoStar plan pay TV joint venture in Brazil
Oct 1, 2013 – Vivendi and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) have announced that EchoStar Technologies and Vivendi subsidiary GVT have entered into negotiations to form a joint venture for pay TV services in Brazil.
News categories: EchoStar, Vivendi, GVT, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, M&A, Satellite
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
May 14, 2013 – Vivendi has released its first quarter 2013 results. At the end of March 2013, Canal+ Group's total subscription portfolio was up 285,000 year-on-year, thanks to good performances in the Canal+ Overseas territories, in particular in Africa and Vietnam.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Africa, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT, nc+) releases 2012 results
Feb 26, 2013 – Vivendi has released its 2012 results. Launched commercially in January 2012, the number of subscribers for GVT's pay-TV service reached 406,000 at the end of 2012. Canal+ France had 11.363 million subscriptions at the end of the year.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite
Poland's UOKiK gives consent to ITI/CANAL+ satellite JV
Sep 14, 2012 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has approved the setting up of a satellite TV joint venture in the country by TVN and Vivendi. The deal will combine TVN's 'n' platform and Vivendi's Cyfra Plus.
News categories: UOKiK, Vivendi, TVN Group, M&A, Poland, Regulation, Satellite
Demand for Digital Entertainment and Growing Internet Users to Drive Global Market for Internet TV
May 3, 2012 – According to GIA, the market for Internet TV is forecast to reach US$81.2 billion by the year 2017, driven by soaring demand for digital media entertainment, growing penetration of high-bandwidth broadband, and rapid proliferation of Internet-enabled devices.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, OTT
Verimatrix Selected to Secure Next Generation IPTV and Multi-Screen Platform for Chunghwa Telecom
Mar 19, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that its Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 solutions have been selected for the IPTV and multi-screen upgrade at Taiwan's largest telecom operator, Chunghwa Telecom (TAIEX: 2412, NYSE: CHT).
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Ericsson, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Taiwan, TVConnect
Canal+ France adds 158,000 subscribers in 2011
Mar 1, 2012 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for 2011. At the end of December 2011, Canal+ France had 11.216 million subscriptions, a net increase of 158,000 year-on-year.
News categories: Vivendi, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary