Digital TV News: Wind River
Wind River Delivers Software Foundation for Next Generation In-Vehicle Infotainment Devices
Aug 2, 2011 – Wind River has introduced the latest version of Wind River Platform for Infotainment, a software platform on which automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier 1 suppliers can develop sophisticated in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) devices.
News categories: Wind River, GENIVI, In-Car, Middleware
Intel Innovating to Deliver Seamless Experiences Across Smart, Connected Devices
Sep 13, 2010 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel's (NASDAQ:INTC) CEO showed two 'smart' TV-enabling products powered by the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 and Google TV that will come out this Fall.
News categories: Intel Corp, IDF, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
NEC Electronics Introduces EMMA Mobile™ EV SoCs for Full HD Portable Audio-Visual Devices
Feb 10, 2010 – NEC Electronics (TSE:6723) has announced the availability of new systems-on-chip (SoCs) in the EMMA Mobile™ series. The EMMA Mobile/EV SoCs are optimized for the portable device market including portable multimedia players and mobile tablets.
News categories: NEC Electronics, Digital TV, ICs, Multiscreen, MWC13, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
Industry Leaders Announce Open Platform for Mobile Devices
Nov 5, 2007 – A broad alliance of leading technology and wireless companies today joined forces to announce the development of Android, the first truly open and comprehensive platform for mobile devices.
News categories: Open Handset Alliance, Android Video Demo, Middleware, Multiscreen, Software
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense