Digital TV News: YouView
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 — TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year – making TalkTalk TV the UK’s fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Fewer problems than forecast with TV reception during UK 4G test
Apr 4, 2013 — at800 has completed its first live test to help assess the extent to which Freeview could be impacted when 4G mobile services at 800MHz are launched. Fifteen households in the test area reported problems with TV reception rather than the 120 predicted.
News categories: at800, Digital TV, LTE, Terrestrial, UK
thePlatform selected by BT as Central Video Logistics System for TV
Mar 14, 2013 — thePlatform has disclosed that its cloud-based video publishing system, mpx, is serving as the central logistics system for BT’s newest IP-based TV services in the UK, including BT Vision and YouView from BT.
News categories: thePlatform, BT plc, Infrastructure, IPTV, OTT, UK
60,000 BT Vision customers with YouView set-top boxes
Feb 1, 2013 — BT Group (BT.L) has announced its results for the third quarter and nine months to 31 December 2012. BT added 21,000 BT Vision customers in the quarter to give a total of 770,000 subscribers. It has over 60,000 customers with a YouView box.
News categories: BT Vision, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
JT launches YouView in the Channel Islands
Nov 23, 2012 — YouView, the subscription-free TV service which combines catch-up and on demand TV, has been launched exclusively in the Channel Islands by JT.
News categories: Jersey Telecom, Channel Islands, OTT, Set Top Box
OTT and Operator-Owned Multiscreen Service Penetration in UK to Exceed 75% and 52% Respectively by 2017
Nov 19, 2012 — According to ABI Research, the UK leads Europe in the adoption of both standalone OTT and operator-owned multiscreen services. Many UK consumers fit the multi-device profile, with more than 10% of the population already boasting an average of four connected devices.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, OTT, TV Everywhere, UK
Humax launches <free time> satellite set-top box in the UK
Oct 25, 2012 — Humax (115160.KQ) has announced that it will provide a set-top box (model name: HDR-1000S) capable of receiving <free time>, a new generation satellite hybrid broadcast service in the UK. The box will be the UK's first <free time> set-top box.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Intertrust Demonstrates Marlin-enabled HbbTV 1.5 Solution at IBC 2012
Sep 7, 2012 — Intertrust has announced an integrated solution that unifies HbbTV and Marlin DRM technologies into a single easy to adopt technology stack for IPTV/OTT video distribution.
News categories: Intertrust, Marlin, MYTF1VOD, DRM, France, HbbTV, IBC, OTT
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results