Digital TV News: ZON Multimédia
ZON goes live with ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine
Sep 3, 2013 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that Portugal's ZON has gone live with the ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine. ZON's high-end subscribers can now experience personalised recommendations and intelligent navigation, making it easier to find content.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, ZON Multimedia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Portugal, Set Top Box
Dutch digital TV connections grow to 6.3 million in Q3 2012
Nov 20, 2012 – The number of digital TV connections in the Netherlands grew by 1.6 percent during the third quarter of 2012 to 6.3 million on 30 September 2012, according to Telecompaper's quarterly Dutch Television Subscribers report.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Harmonic Transcoding Powers Multiscreen OTT Services for ZON
May 9, 2012 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that ZON Multimédia (Lisbon:ZON) has chosen Harmonic's portfolio of transcoding solutions as the enabling technology for a range of new multiscreen services being offered on ZON Online.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, ZON Multimédia, DRM, Infrastructure, OTT, PC Video, Portugal, Smart TV, Tablet
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 – The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
Nagravision And ZON TVCabo To Field-Test OpenTV nX User Experience
Sep 9, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it will field test ZON TVCabo's next generation user experience solution based on OpenTV nX, Nagravision's cross-device user interface.
News categories: Nagravision, ZON Multimedia, OpenTV, Middleware, Portugal
ZON Multimedia First to Field Trial NDS Snowflake UI, Enabled by MediaHighway STB Software
Sep 9, 2010 – NDS has announced that Portuguese pay-TV operator ZON Multimedia (Lisbon:ZON) will field trial its new TV platform, based on the NDS Snowflake™ User Interface (UI).
News categories: NDS Group, ZON Multimedia, Cable TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Portugal, Satellite
ReDeSign shows first public live transmission of DVB-C2
May 4, 2010 – The ReDeâˆ«ign Project demonstrates the world's first public DVB-C2 live transmission at ANGA Cable 2010. The event marks an important milestone with respect to the introduction of the new technology in European broadband cable networks.
News categories: ReDeâˆ«ign, ANGA COM, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2
UPSTAR Comunicações Selects Eutelsat to Broadcast ZAP, The New Satellite TV Bouquet of Angola
Mar 2, 2010 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that it has signed a major contract with UPSTAR Comunicações for satellite capacity for the broadcasting of ZAP pay-TV platform, expected to launch shortly in Angola.
News categories: Eutelsat, Angola, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Infrastructure, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal