Digital TV News: 3SS
SUPER RTL launches TOGGO Fire TV app with 3SS
Apr 17, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced being selected by Germany’s SUPER RTL for the launch of TOGGO, its AVOD kids’ service. By taking advantage of the 3SS 3READY Framework, the initial phase of the TOGGO rollout was completed within six months.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, SUPER RTL, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
Feb 26, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that Altibox is to deploy its high-end Android TV JADE set-to box. Technicolor is partnering with 3SS who have been chosen by Altibox to optimize the viewing experience for new Android TV services.
News categories: Technicolor, Altibox, 3SS, Christian Lefebvre, Tor Morten Osmundsen, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
3READY Android TV from 3SS powers Proximus Pickx
Dec 20, 2019 – 3SS has announced that Proximus has selected its 3READY Android TV solution for the recent launch of Proximus Pickx, an IPTV service. Proximus Pickx, Europe’s first Android P based TV project, had its pilot launch in October.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
Dec 6, 2019 – 3SS, with Media Distillery and XroadMedia, has created an end-to-end video experience platform which enables Android TV providers to make Linear-on-Demand (LoD) a reality. LoD collects and curates video assets from a diverse range of sources and assembles them in a personalized linear experience.
News categories: 3SS, Media Distillery, XroadMedia, Kai-Christian Borchers, Roland Sars, Tom Dvorak, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
TCC chooses 3SS for Android TV+multiscreen service in Uruguay
Nov 1, 2019 – 3SS has been chosen by TCC to help develop a new TV service to launch in 2020. The service will be powered by 3READY Android TV + Multiscreen, 3SS’ front end and UI framework featuring an Android TV Custom Launcher STB.
News categories: 3SS, TCC, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Uruguay, UX
Harmonic, with Google and 3SS, creates live sports workflow on Android TV
Sep 12, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), in collaboration with Google and 3SS, has created an integrated OTT and broadcast live sports workflow on Android TV, delivering features such as picture-in-picture, multi-view and personalized mosaic.
News categories: Harmonic, 3SS, Shahar Bar, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, UX
3SS and castLabs partner on Android TV integration
Sep 10, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and castLabs have announced a partnership to provide a smooth Android TV integration service to their customers. The companies have been collaborating for over a year to help service providers enjoy the benefits of Android TV.
News categories: 3SS, castLabs, Pierre Donath, Bojan Jovanović, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
3SS 3READY Android TV deployed on Technicolor STBs for N. European operator
Sep 6, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that a multiservice provider in Northern Europe has selected 3READY Android TV combined with Technicolor middleware and hardware to power its upcoming TV service.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Technicolor, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Android TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box, UX
ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn
Jul 9, 2019 – 3SS has announced that it has been chosen to provide development, engineering and integration for Joyn, the entertainment streaming service co-owned by ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery. Joyn features Germany’s biggest range of free-TV content.
News categories: 3SS, Joyn, Kai-Christian Borchers, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UX
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5