Digital TV News: 4EVER
Eutelsat unveils HDR Ultra HD channel for IBC 2016
Sep 8, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced the launch from the HOTBIRD video neighbourhood of an Ultra HD channel showing HDR (High Dynamic Range) content using HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) technology, the new HDR standard developed by the BBC and NHK.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Chabrol, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Satellite
4EVER consortium to present UHDTV and HEVC research at NAB 2014
Apr 3, 2014 – At NAB Show 2014, the 4EVER project is to show two demonstrations that combine UHDTV and HEVC, including a world premiere: the integration of HEVC and DASH within an HTML5 browser for UHDTV content.
News categories: 4EVER, NABShow, Streaming, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sony to show 4K Ultra HD at MIPTV
Apr 3, 2013 – As part of its 50th anniversary theme of Screening the Future, MIPTV has partnered with Sony Corporation to present what will be the next game-changing innovation in television's evolution, ultra-high-definition. MIPTV will take place in Cannes, 8-11 April 2013.
News categories: MIPTV, Sony Corp, Content Distribution, TV Services
4EVER Consortium to advance Ultra-HDTV technologies
Apr 12, 2012 – ATEME has announced the launch of a French research program to reduce the bandwidth required for the delivery of Ultra High Definition Television using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC - MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: 4EVER, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV