Digital TV News: AOL
Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
May 3, 2021 – Verizon (NYSE: VZ) and Apollo Global Management (NYSE: APO) have announced that funds managed by affiliates of Apollo have entered into an agreement to acquire Verizon Media for $5 billion.
News categories: Verizon Media, Apollo, Guru Gowrappan, Hans Vestberg, Reed Rayman, David Sambur, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
Aug 22, 2019 – Spearad has revealed its full stack solution offering a media asset management system combined with a programmatic market place. The company's decisioning technology seeks to offer a true Addressable TV experience across all TV and video distribution channels.
News categories: Spearad, Erhard Neumann, Mark Thielen, Ivan Guzenko, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
Target programs ads on NBCUniversal through 4C
Sep 26, 2017 – NBCUniversal has announced that the company will make national television inventory available for self-serve programmatic buying for launch partner Target. This effort is powered by data science and media technology company 4C.
News categories: 4C Insights, NBCUniversal, Target, Lance Neuhauser, Mike Rosen, Kristi Argyilan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
AWS chosen by Hulu as its cloud provider
Aug 14, 2017 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced that Hulu has selected AWS as its cloud provider for the launch of its OTT live TV service. Hulu turned to AWS for a scalable, agile, and cost effective infrastructure.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Hulu, Mike Clayville, Rafael Soltanovich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Sling TV ad slots now available programmatically through SpotX
May 16, 2017 – Advertisers seeking targeted consumer segments across premium over-the-top (OTT) video can now bid in real time on anonymous targeted impressions on Sling TV using one of the newly introduced top addressable data segments.
News categories: Sling TV, SpotX, Adam Lowy, Ben Abbatiello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
DataXu offers self-service OTT TV ad placement platform
May 10, 2017 – DataXu has announced the first self-serve TV buying platform that enables brands and agencies of all sizes to connect the dots between digital and TV, reaching custom audiences and accessing insights covering the full gamut of addressable devices.
News categories: DataXu, Tore Tellefsen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TV4 Entertainment and Vimeo announce strategic partnership
Nov 11, 2016 – TV4 Entertainment and Vimeo have announced a partnership in which Vimeo will power over 20 of TV4 Entertainment’s direct-to-consumer subscription video on demand (SVOD) channels.
News categories: Vimeo, TV4 Entertainment, Jamie Wilkinson, Jon Cody, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Flat Panel Display revenues forecast to fall in 2015
Jul 28, 2015 – Led by declining thin-film-transistor liquid-crystal display (TFT LCD) revenues, global flat panel display (FPD) industry revenue is forecast to fall 2 percent, from $131.4 billion in 2014 to $129 billion in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS, David Hsieh, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Smart TV Alliance Specification v4.0 published
Sep 10, 2014 – The Smart TV Alliance has announced the publication on its Common Developer Portal of Smart TV Alliance Specification v4.0. So far, more than 4,000 smart TV application developers have download the Smart TV Alliance SDK.
News categories: Smart TV Alliance, Seijiro Yasuki, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated