Digital TV News: AOL
Neuf Cegetel: double-digit organic growth in the fourth quarter
Feb 8, 2008 – Neuf Cegetel has reported its (unaudited) revenue figures for the fourth quarter. Neuf Cegetel had more than 750,000 TV subscribers at year-end 2007.
News categories: Neuf Cegetel, Earnings Release, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Any Video, Anywhere - High Definition Web and Wireless Video Converge on On2's Booth (Hall 1 A55) at Mobile World Congress 2008
Jan 28, 2008 – On2 Technologies (Amex: ONT) has unveiled plans for Mobile World Congress being held in Barcelona, February 11-14 2008. On2 will present a complete portfolio of video technologies that enhance the web video experience and bring it to the palm of your hand.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Media Player, Mobile, MWC22, Silicon IP, Streaming
On2 Technologies and Texas Instruments Collaborate on Video Devices Providing Optimized Codec Performance
Nov 26, 2007 – On2 Technologies (AMEX:ONT) has announced an extensive agreement with Texas Instruments (TI) (NYSE: TXN), under which the two companies will collaborate on technology to implement On2's TrueMotion® VP6™ and VP7™ video compression formats on TI's OMAP™ Platform and DaVinci™ technology for mobile handsets and digital video applications.
News categories: On2, Texas Instruments (TI), Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor
Hulu Debuts via Private Beta and on Distribution Partners AOL, Comcast, MSN, MySpace and Yahoo!
Oct 29, 2007 – Hulu has announced the beta launch of its online video service, offering viewers a vast selection of streaming, on-demand, premium programming on a free, ad-supported basis.
News categories: Hulu, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Opera to provide browser technology for Sony's new BRAVIA Internet Video Link
Aug 30, 2007 – Opera Software has announced that Sony Electronics has selected the Opera browser for Sony's new BRAVIA Internet Video Link, a module that attaches to the back of new Bravia televisions to access select free Internet video content.
News categories: Digital TV, Middleware, North America, Smart TV, Software, Streaming
Thomson: First half 2007 Results
Jul 26, 2007 – Thomson shipped a total of 11.0 million access products in 1H07 of which 4.7 million were satellite set-top boxes, 1.2 million were cable set-top boxes, and 5.3 million were access products for telecom operators.
News categories: Thomson, Earnings Release, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sony Pictures' Crackle Bursts onto Scene and Screen with Pioneering Studio Model
Jul 16, 2007 – Crackle, a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company formerly known as Grouper, has announced the launch of its streaming entertainment network.
News categories: Crackle, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Digital TV, Streaming
Veoh Networks Launches VeohTV The Internet's New Killer Video App
Jun 20, 2007 – Veoh has announced the beta launch of VeohTV - a revolutionary application that builds on the success of its acclaimed Veoh Player and immediately transforms the online video landscape.
News categories: Veoh, Broadband, Digital TV, Streaming
AOL and Sony to Make AOL Video Available Through New Sony BRAVIA™ Internet Video Link
Jan 7, 2007 – AOL, a majority-owned subsidiary of Time Warner (NYSE: TWX), and Sony Electronics have announced that the companies will work together to make content from AOL Video available through Sony's new BRAVIA™ Internet Video Link, unveiled at the CES Show.
News categories: Sony Electronics, AOL, Broadband, CES2023, Digital TV, Streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden