Digital TV News: APRICO
Pay TV Companies Struggle to Keep Up With Netflix's User Interface
Jul 11, 2012 – Pay TV companies are struggling to keep up with video experiences enabled by connected TVs and iPads. Their situation is exacerbated by suffering a hardware disadvantage as they rely on set-top boxes that are typically a 5-7 year-old technology.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes Enable Operators and Broadcasters for Internet Video Battleground
Sep 29, 2010 – With an Internet Protocol (IP) link coming in to nearly every possible consumer electronics device with a screen, hybrid Web-to-TV set top boxes (STB) will be vital tools that enable broadcasters and operators to compete, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
Irdeto Partners with Bluestreak Technology, APRICO Solutions and Axel Springer at IBC 2010 to Demonstrate a New Interactive Social TV Experience
Sep 10, 2010 – At IBC 2010, Irdeto (JSE: NPN) will partner with Bluestreak Technology, APRICO Solutions and Axel Springer Digital TV Guide to demonstrate a new interactive Social TV experience that unites televisions with connected devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Bluestreak, APRICO, Axel Springer, IBC2022, Media Player, Middleware, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Social TV
Worldwide Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Box Market Will Reach US$ 1.3 Billion by 2014
Aug 10, 2010 – Hybrid Web-to-TV Set Top Boxes will bring a new set of Internet services to TV sets. The value of Hybrid Set Top Boxes that are immediately put into use will reach US$ 1.3 Billion worldwide by 2014, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Media Player, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
APRICO, Axel Springer and TVBLOB OTT CE device lets consumers build custom TV channels
Sep 11, 2009 – APRICO Solutions has announced a deal with TVBLOB that will result in the world's first over-the-top (OTT) CE device enabling consumers to create custom TV channels based around their favorite television programs.
News categories: APRICO, TVBLOB, Axel Springer, IBC2022, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
APRICO launches first solution to provide truly personalised TV channels
Sep 12, 2008 – APRICO (AEX: PHI, NYSE: PHG) and Axel Springer Digital TV Guide (Frankfurt: SPR) have announced the launch of the personal TV experience. APRICO enables broadcasters, MSOs and device manufacturers to provide genuine personalised TV channels.
News categories: APRICO, Axel Springer Digital TV Guide, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Axel Springer and Philips establish global alliance for Personal TV
May 30, 2008 – Axel Springer (Frankfurt: SPR) Digital TV Guide and Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) establish an alliance for the introduction of a global innovation in the sector of Personal TV. The new offering TV DIGITAL PERSONAL is powered by APRICO.
News categories: Philips, Axel Springer Digital TV Guide, APRICO, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Philips Demonstrates Personal TV Channels
Sep 7, 2007 – At the International Broadcast Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) and eventIS demonstrate a new way of personalized access to audiovisual media: Personal TV Channels, known under the Philips trademark Aprico.tv.
News categories: DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22