Digital TV News: ARION
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
Apr 25, 2016 – The global 4K Set Top Box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2024, according to Grand View Research. IPTV UHD STBs are anticipated to witness significant growth over the next eight years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nepal's HomeTV Selects Latens CAS Solution To Secure Content And Revenues
Aug 24, 2010 – Latens has announced that Satellite Channel Pvt. Ltd Nepal, a Pay-TV provider in the South Asia region, has chosen Latens DTH software CAS for its HomeTV DTH system in Nepal.
News categories: Latens, HomeTV, Media Nucleus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
Arion integrates Latens software-only CAS for DTH
Aug 4, 2010 – Latens has announced that their partnership with Arion Technology has delivered a world first. Latens CAS and Arion's STB technology have been integrated to deliver a secure, cardless one-way broadcasting solution for DTH broadcasters globally.
News categories: Latens, Arion, Conditional Access, Satellite, Set Top Box
Videocon soft launches India DTH service
Apr 28, 2009 – Videocon Industries will launch its Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service in India on May 1st, after a soft launch on April 27th in Macau in front of its 2,500 dealers.
News categories: D2H, Videocon Industries, ARION, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community