Digital TV News: ARRIS International
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2022, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Cablevisión Argentina chooses ANEVIA time-shift and OTT solutions
Nov 14, 2016 – Anevia has announced that Cablevisión Argentina is using Anevia technologies for its 'Cablevisión Flow' service. The system was put together in partnership with Verimatrix, Minerva, and Arris.
News categories: Anevia, Cablevisión, Laurent Lafarge, Argentina, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Streaming
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Sweden
ARRIS and Charter collaborate on WorldBox 2.0 development
Oct 12, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) and Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) have announced plans for ARRIS to be a key participant in the development of WorldBox 2.0, Charter's next-generation video platform.
News categories: ARRIS International, Charter Communications, Bruce McClelland, Jim Blackley, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MandA, Smart Home, Worldwide
izzi Telecom selects ARRIS compression for HDTV in Mexico
Sep 27, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that izzi Telecom has deployed the ARRIS ME-7000 Converged Compression Platform in its cable TV operation in Mexico.
News categories: ARRIS International, izzi Telecom, German Iaryczower, Israel Corona, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mexico
Eastlink selects ARRIS for HEVC and UltraHD compression
Sep 27, 2016 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Eastlink has selected the ARRIS ME-7000 Converged Compression Platform to offer more, higher-quality channels to its Canadian cable TV subscribers.
News categories: ARRIS International, Eastlink, Kevin Wirick, Jim Fitzgerald, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
Sep 22, 2016 – According to The Insight Partners, the global conditional access systems market was estimated to be $2.32 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $5.53 billion by 2025. Internet services are creating a plethora of opportunities for CA systems.
News categories: Insight Partners, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform
- Survey highlights attraction of interacting with streaming video
- Yahoo and Tubi partner to streamline CTV ad buying