Digital TV News: AVIA
Eutelsat HOTBIRD 13G successfully launched
Nov 3, 2022 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its HOTBIRD 13G satellite has been successfully launched into Geostationary Transfer Orbit by SpaceX. HOTBIRD 13G will replace three older satellites at 13°E.
News categories: Eutelsat, Eva Berneke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
HOTBIRD 13G delivered to Kennedy Space Center
Oct 17, 2022 – A special aircraft has delivered Eutelsat's HOTBIRD 13G to Cape Canaveral in Florida. HOTBIRD 13G, a member of the 'Eurostar Neo' family of Airbus satellites, is the twin of the recently launched HOTBIRD 13F.
News categories: Airbus, Jean-Marc Nasr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
Sep 15, 2022 – The European Commission has presented a proposal for a Cyber Resilience Act. It introduces mandatory cybersecurity requirements for products with digital elements, throughout their whole lifecycle.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Hardware, Regulation, Software
Tubi partners with Shaw TV in Canada
Jul 20, 2022 – Tubi has partnered with Shaw Communications to make its service available to Shaw TV customers. Shaw TV subscribers in Western Canada can now use their voice remote to access the free streaming service on their set top box.
News categories: Tubi, Shaw Communications, Adam Lewinson, Andrew Eddy, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
SES orders SES-26 satellite from Thales Alenia Space
Mar 28, 2022 – SES has ordered SES-26, a fully software-defined geostationary (GEO) satellite, from Thales Alenia Space. The digital satellite with both Ku-band and C-band frequencies will replace SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57° East.
News categories: SES S.A, Thales, Steve Collar, Hervé Derrey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Vietnam among highest for online piracy in Southeast Asia
May 17, 2021 – A study of the online content viewing behaviour of Vietnamese consumers has found that 60% access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites. The levels of piracy went as high as 65% within the 18-24 age demographic.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, YouGov, Neil Gane, Thomas Jayet, Phan Vu Tuan, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Vietnam
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
LG Display working on stretchable displays
Jun 11, 2020 – LG Display has announced that it has been selected by South Korea’s Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) to lead its national project to develop stretchable displays.
News categories: LG Display, MOTIE, Dr. Soo-Young Yoon, Digital TV, Korea
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT