Digital TV News: Advanced Television Systems Committe
NEXTGEN TV showing increasing consumer interest and purchase intent
Mar 30, 2022 – According to research conducted by Magid, NEXTGEN TV advertising, including Dolby commercials from a marketing campaign which debuted on local TV stations across the U.S., is resonating strongly with consumers.
News categories: Pearl TV, Dolby, Magid, Anne Schelle, Mathias Bendull, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
Jan 18, 2022 – The ATSC has announced that the SBTVD Forum has recommended to the Brazilian government the selection of several technologies proposed by ATSC for Brazil's next-generation terrestrial digital television standard.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, SBTVD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Skip Pizzi, ATSC 3, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
Jan 17, 2022 – The SBTVD Forum has completed the technical evaluation phase of its TV 3.0 Project aimed at defining Bazil's next-generation TV platform. In the end, MPEG-H Audio was selected as the sole mandatory audio codec for the system.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Ateme, SBTVD Forum, Adrian Murtaza, Mickaël Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
NEXTGEN TV coalition highlights industry momentum at CES
Jan 5, 2022 – The coalition of U.S. broadcasters transitioning to NEXTGEN TV has applauded the plans announced during CES 2022 by Hisense and MediaTek, and new field test data recently achieved by Sony at the 'Motown 3.0 Open Test Track' in Detroit.
News categories: Pearl TV, MediaTek, Hisense, Sony Electronics, Anne Schelle, Alfred Chan, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Television Jamaica to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 24, 2022 – Television Jamaica (TVJ) has been accepted as a full member of ATSC. The membership is one of many moves that the station is undertaking as it embarks on a transition from analogue to the digital ATSC 3.0 transmission.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Television Jamaica, Madeleine Noland, Claire Grant, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
FOX and Nexstar Media launch NEXTGEN TV in Los Angeles
Dec 16, 2021 – FOX Television Stations (NASDAQ: FOXA) and Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) have launched NEXTGEN TV on KTTV-TV (FOX 11), KCOP-TV (My13), and KTLA-TV (KTLA 5) in Los Angeles, the second largest television market in the U.S.
News categories: Nexstar Media, FOX, Brett Jenkins, Bill Lamb, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
LTN Global, with Pearl TV and WHUT, powers NEXTGEN TV in Washington DC
Dec 16, 2021 – LTN Global has announced that it has worked closely with Howard University’s WHUT and the Pearl TV consortium to support the launch of the Howard NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative project in Washington D.C.
News categories: LTN Global, Pearl TV, WHUT, Malik Khan, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV launches in Houston, Texas
Dec 7, 2021 – Television viewers in Houston, the eighth-largest TV market in the United States, can now experience the future of broadcast television as 10 local TV stations have now launched NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: Pearl TV, Nexstar Media, Anne Schelle, Brett Jenkins, Ralph Rendon, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated