Digital TV News: Airbus
Airbus completes construction of EUTELSAT 172B
Jan 23, 2017 – Construction of EUTELSAT 172B is undergoing final testing before its launch scheduled for April. The satellite will offer C-band, Ku-band and in-flight connectivity payloads for the Asia-Pacific market.
News categories: Airbus, Eutelsat, Asia, Content Distribution, Satellite
Hispasat 36W-1 satellite due for orbit on January 27
Jan 16, 2017 – HISPASAT has announced that Hispasat 36W-1 (H36W-1) will be put into orbit on January 27. H36W-1 has 20 Ku-band transponders and additional capacity for up to 3 Ka-band transponders over the Iberian Peninsula and the Canary Islands.
News categories: HISPASAT, CDTI, European Space Agency, Elena Pisonero, Juan Carlos Cortés, Xavier Lobao, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite, Spain
EUTELSAT 117 West B all-electric satellite now in commercial service
Jan 16, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced that its EUTELSAT 117 West B satellite has entered into full commercial service and is now ready to support customers across Latin America.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite
EUTELSAT 9B satellite successfully launched
Jan 30, 2016 – The EUTELSAT 9B satellite has been successfully launched into geosynchronous transfer orbit. EUTELSAT 9B will be positioned at 9°E to assume broadcasting of TV channels currently served by EUTELSAT 9A and to provide expansion capacity.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
EUTELSAT 9B on track for 28 January launch
Jan 15, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announces that the EUTELSAT 9B satellite is on track for launch by an ILS Proton rocket on 28 January. EUTELSAT 9B is a high-capacity Ku-band satellite for the 9° East position that sits at the crossroads of Europe’s leading video neighbourhoods.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Arianespace orbits Arabsat-6B and GSAT-15
Nov 11, 2015 – Arianespace has successfully launched two satellites: Arabsat-6B (BADR-7) for the operator Arabsat, and GSAT-15 for ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation). The company's tenth launch of the year took place on November 10 in Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Arianespace, Arabsat, ISRO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, Satellite
DIRECTV-15 and SKYM-1 satellites successfully launched
May 27, 2015 – DIRECTV is expanding its satellite fleet in both the U.S. and Latin America with the launch of two spacecraft that will increase HD capacity, secure the future of 4K Ultra HD and backup DIRECTV’s existing satellite fleet.
News categories: DIRECTV, SKY México, Phil Goswitz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite, USA
Express-AM7 satellite due for launch on March 19th
Feb 24, 2015 – Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has announced that its Express-AM7 satellite has been delivered to Baikonur. The launch of a Proton-M/Breeze-M with the satellite on board is scheduled for March 19, 2015.
News categories: RSCC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
SES selects Arianespace for SES-12 satellite launch
Jan 22, 2015 – SES (Paris:;LuxX:SESG) has announced that the company has selected Arianespace to launch a hybrid communications satellite, SES-12, on board an Ariane 5 booster from the European Space Center in Kourou, French Guiana, during Q4 2017.
News categories: SES S.A, Arianespace, Asia, Content Distribution, India, Indonesia, Satellite
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden