Digital TV News: Airtel Digital TV
South Asia STB shipments see phenomenal rise
Nov 4, 2015 – With the pay-TV industry in all major SAARC countries moving toward digitization, set-top boxes of all kinds from SD to HDTV and hybrid boxes are witnessing steady and robust growth, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Airtel Digital TV adds 339,000 subscribers in 2Q 2015
Aug 4, 2015 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2015. As on June 30, 2015, DTH had 10.4 million customers, which represents an increase of 10.9% as compared to the corresponding quarter last year.
News categories: Airtel, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Airtel Digital TV launches 'Made in India' set-top-boxes
Jul 16, 2015 – Airtel Digital TV has announced the launch of its first indigenously manufactured set-top-boxes. The Made in India set-top-boxes will be available in HD to begin with and soon all Airtel Digital TV’s set-top-boxes will be manufactured in India.
News categories: Airtel, Shashi Arora, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Airtel Digital TV customer base hits 10 million
Apr 1, 2015 – Airtel Digital TV has announced that it has achieved the 10 million customer mark. The company achieved this milestone within a short span of 6 years. With an eye on innovation, the company has many first to its credit.
News categories: Airtel Digital TV, Shashi Arora, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Bharti Airtel Digital TV adds 270,000 subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 4, 2015 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for the quarter ended December 31, 2014. The company finished the year with 9.8 million Digital TV customers. Net customer additions during the quarter were 270,000.
News categories: Bharti Airtel, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite
Airtel and Samsung launch India's first IDTV
Oct 21, 2014 – Airtel digital TV, the Direct-To-Home (DTH) service from Bharti Airtel, has announced a partnership with Samsung to launch India’s first Integrated Digital TV (iDTV).
News categories: Airtel, Samsung, Shashi Arora, Ranjivjit Singh, CAM, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Smart TV
Airtel Digital TV adds 376,000 subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 29, 2014 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for its first quarter ended June 30, 2014. As on June 30, 2014, the Company had 9.4 million Digital TV customers. Net customer additions for Digital TV during the quarter were 376,000.
News categories: Bharti Airtel, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Airtel Digital TV adds 913,000 subscribers in 2013
Jan 29, 2014 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. At year-end, the company had 8.8 million customers, an increase of 11.6% as compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
News categories: Bharti Airtel, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Airtel launches SD set-top box with external storage
Oct 27, 2013 – Airtel Digital TV has launched a new standard definition (SD) set-top-box. The new box will allow customers to enjoy recording by just plugging-in an external storage device, allowing users to pause any TV show, even live programmes, for a quick TV break.
News categories: Airtel, Digital TV, DVR, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0