Digital TV News: Alexa
Connectivity Standards Alliance announces smart home protocol
May 11, 2021 – The Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), formerly known as the Zigbee Alliance, has announced Matter – the interoperable, secure connectivity standard for the future of the smart home.
News categories: Connectivity Standards Alliance, Tobin Richardson, Bruno Vulcano, David Shearer, Jim Kitchen, George Yianni, Samantha Osborne, Alex Yang, Smart Home, Worldwide
Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.8% in 2020
May 6, 2021 – Despite the impact of COVID-19 on the global economy, the semiconductor market performed strongly in 2020. Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew to $464 billion in 2020, an increase of 10.8% compared to 2019, according to ID).
News categories: IDC, Rudy Torrijos, Nina Turner, Mario Morales, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
MTS launches KION video streaming platform
Apr 20, 2021 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE:MBT; MOEX:MTSS] has announced the launch of KION, an OTT video streaming platform. KION brings together licensed content and exclusive titles, for Russian viewers.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vyacheslav Nikolaev, Igor Mishin, Apps, Digital TV, Russia, Streaming
Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
Apr 13, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has unveiled the Roku Express 4K+, which offers 4K streaming, and the Roku Voice Remote Pro, which features a rechargeable battery, lost remote finder and hands-free voice controls.
News categories: Roku, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
Apr 13, 2021 – Fraunhofer IIS and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) are joining forces to bring Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) services to users of the ATSC 3.0 digital TV platform. DRM is an ITU-endorsed radio standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer IIS, Sinclair Broadcast, Alexander Zink, Mark Aitken, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, USA
Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
Mar 4, 2021 – The Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer will be the first vehicles in the automotive industry to integrate Amazon Fire TV for Auto, giving passengers access to their favorite shows, movies, apps, unique vehicle features and Alexa.
News categories: Stellantis, Amazon, Christian Meunier, Sandeep Gupta, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Streaming, USA
Wiztivi makes voice control accessible for operators
Jan 28, 2021 – Wiztivi has announced a solution allowing operators, media and OTT players to integrate voice control into their UI. With Sagemcom, Wiztivi has enabled Vodafone and SFR to create a TV experience using smart speakers.
News categories: Wiztivi, Digital TV, Europe, France, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
Jan 21, 2021 – Wyplay is now a member of the Amazon Alexa Solution Providers network. Wyplay has helped TV operators integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) on multiple hardware devices and operating systems.
News categories: Wyplay, Amazon, Dominique Feral, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
Jan 15, 2021 – FCA will be the first automaker to implement Amazon's Alexa Custom Assistant into its vehicles. The Alexa Custom Assistant can be tailored to each FCA brand personality and customer need with a unique wake word, voice, skills and capabilities.
News categories: Alexa, Fiat Chrysler, Ned Curic, Mark Stewart, Big Data, In-Car, Smart Home, Worldwide
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil