Digital TV News: Alice
One in Four UK Homes will have 3D TV by 2015
May 14, 2010 – A report from Kelkoo, the shopping comparison website, reveals that almost one in four households (23%) will own a 3D enabled television set by 2015, with prices predicted to fall by 60% from £1,720 today to just £786 over the next five years.
News categories: Kelkoo, Market Research, Metaverse, Smart TV, UK
Iliad (Free/Alice) adds 48k ADSL subscribers in 1Q10
May 5, 2010 – At 31 March 2010, the Iliad Group (Paris: ILD) totalled more than 4.5 million ADSL subscribers, including 3,866,000 subscribers registered under the Free brand and 638,000 subscribers under the Alice brand.
News categories: Iliad, France, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
CyberLink PowerDVD First PC Software to Receive Blu-ray 3D™ Player Certification
Apr 1, 2010 – CyberLink (5203.TW) has announced that its PowerDVD is the first Blu-ray 3D player software to achieve certification from the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), under the new Blu-ray 3D standard (Profile 5.0).
News categories: CyberLink, Blu-ray Disc Association, Blu-ray, Media Player, Metaverse
PowerDVD™ and Qvu™ Combine to Bring a 'Beyond HD' Viewing Experience to Netbooks & Laptops
Dec 22, 2009 – Quartics and CyberLink (5203.TW) have announced a partnership to enable the PowerDVD player software with the new Qvu™ video processor. The result will bring a 'Beyond HD' viewing experience to consumers using the software on netbooks and laptops.
News categories: Quartics, CyberLink, Blu-ray, CES2023, Media Player, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Streaming
AMD to demonstrate Blu-Ray Stereoscopic 3D Playback at CES
Dec 7, 2009 – AMD (NYSE: AMD) has announced that it will demonstrate the forthcoming Blu-ray stereoscopic 3D standard at the 2010 International CES, showcasing how consumers will soon get to enjoy high-fidelity 3D entertainment once reserved only for theaters.
News categories: AMD, CyberLink, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Media Player, Metaverse, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Streaming
SENSIO and Cyberlink Join Forces to Integrate SENSIO® 3D Into the PowerDVD Videoplayer
Nov 30, 2009 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX: SIO) and CyberLink (5203.TW) have signed a letter of intent to integrate SENSIO's software solution, the S3D software decoder, into Cyberlink's PowerDVD videoplayer.
News categories: SENSIO, Cyberlink, CES2023, DVD, Media Player, Metaverse, Streaming
Telecom Italia adds 9k IPTV subscribers in 3Q09
Nov 5, 2009 – The Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) Board of Directors has approved the Group's interim Report on Operations at 30 September 2009. On the rise is the IPTV service with a portfolio of 405,000 customers to date (+76,000 compared to the end of 2008).
News categories: Telecom Italia, IPTV, Italy, Results, Subscribers
Iliad adds 146k subscribers in 1H09
Aug 4, 2009 – Over the 1st half-year 2009, Iliad (Paris: ILD) consolidated its position as the leading ADSL alternative operator. At 30 June 2009, Iliad's ADSL had a total of 4,371,000 subscribers, compared with 3,134,000 at 30 June 2008.
News categories: Iliad, DVR, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Subscribers
CyberLink Unveils High-Definition 3D Movie Playback on PCs at Computex
Jun 2, 2009 – CyberLink (5203.TW) is showcasing for the first time its high definition 3D movie playback technology using PowerDVD at Computex 2009. 3D cinemas will soon come to a PC near you.
News categories: CyberLink, Digital TV, Media Player, Metaverse, Streaming
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households
- Magnite agrees ACR data deal with LG Ads Solutions
- Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
- Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
- Yahoo appointed DSP for DIRECTV Advertising's addressable inventory
- DNA selects UEI for Android TV remote
- United Group to consolidate DTH services on a single platform
- Multiperiod DASH and PlayReady SL3000 added to HbbTV reference application
- NEXTGEN TV launches on four local TV stations in San Antonio
- Liveramp powers targeted addressable marketing on Eurosport
- Allegro DVT AV1 decoder IP supports 12-bit pixels and 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling
- Paramount+ launches in Korea via TVING
- FreeWheel introduces linear addressable solution with AMC Networks
- Streaming captures nearly 32% of U.S. TV viewing in May
- Walmart and Roku enable e-commerce in TV ads