Digital TV News: Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT releases Full Compliance Test Suite for the AV1 codec
Sep 12, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AV1 compliance streams following the public release of the AOMedia Video Codec 1.0 (AV1) specification by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) on March 28th, 2018.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Alliance for Open Media, Nouar Hamze, Media Player, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
Oct 17, 2017 – Allegro DVT has announced that Montage Technology has licensed Allegro DVT's AL-E100 multi-format H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC encoder IP for integration into its next-generation set-top box (STB) products.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Montage Technology, Pierre Marty, Gene Liu, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Anyka Micro selects Allegro DVT multi-format video encoder IP
Feb 21, 2017 – Allegro DVT has announced that Anyka Microelectronics has licensed Allegro DVT's multi-format H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC and JPEG encoder IP for its next-generation System-on-Chips (SoCs) targeting a wide range of end markets.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Anyka Microelectronics, Pierre Marty, Dr. Norman Hu, China, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases multi-codec verification coverage tool
Oct 25, 2016 – Allegro DVT has unveiled a coverage tool that checks that every item of a video compression standard has been exercised by a test. It allows silicon vendors to confirm that their video decoder achieves the highest compliance.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, Digital TV, QoE, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT introduces lightweight video encoder IP
Oct 20, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of a new lightweight version of its multi-format encoder HW IP targeted at consumer applications with requirements for high quality video compression.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT unveils ATSC 3.0 system compliance test suite
Sep 7, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced an ATSC3.0 system test suite which will help silicon vendors and ATSC3.0 device manufacturers validate their implementations of products aimed at this new standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, ATSC 3, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Korea, QoE, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek selects Allegro DVT AVS2 compliance streams
Sep 5, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced that MediaTek has licensed Allegro DVT's AVS2 compliance streams. AVS2, China's next generation video codec, is developed by the AVS workgroup with a target to achieve more compression efficiency than the current AVS standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, MediaTek, Pierre Marty, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor
Allegro DVT extends HEVC Test Suites with MV-HEVC and HEVC-SCC streams
Jun 6, 2016 – Allegro DVT has extended its HEVC test suites and unveiled new MV-HEVC and HEVC-SCC test streams which can now be used by manufacturers developing HEVC compliant decoders to validate the conformance of their implementation against the HEVC standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches AVS2 compliance streams
Feb 23, 2016 – Allegro DVT has complemented its portfolio of video codec test suites with the release of new AVS2 compliance streams which allow validation of AVS2 decoders with the latest version of this emerging video coding standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, China, Digital TV, QoE, Semiconductor
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India