Digital TV News: Allegro DVT
Allegro DVT launches HEVC Scalable Extension (SHVC) compliance streams
Jan 18, 2016 – Allegro DVT has announced the immediate availability of HEVC Scalability Extension (a.k.a. SHVC) test suites to help manufacturers developing SHVC compliant decoders validate the conformance of their implementation with the SHVC standard.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Pierre Marty, Digital TV, Media Player
TPV adopts Allegro DVT DVB HEVC System compliance streams
Dec 10, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced that TPV, a manufacturer of monitors and LCD TVs, has adopted Allegro DVT's DVB HEVC System compliance streams for the validation of a new range of HEVC-enabled LCD TV models.
News categories: Allegro DVT, TPV, Pierre Marty, QoE, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allegro DVT unveils VP9 compliance streams
Jun 4, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced the addition of VP9 test bitstreams to its product portfolio. IC vendors developing VP9 compliant decoders are now able leverage Allegro DVT's technology to validate their VP9 decoder implementation.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Digital TV, OTT, QoE, Silicon IP
T-Mobile launches mobile TV with Allegro DVT transcoders
Mar 2, 2015 – Allegro DVT has announced that T-Mobile Czech Republic is launching Mobile TV. T-Mobile has selected Allegro DVT's transcoders to build the OTT platform that makes the Mobile TV service available to T-Mobile's 6 million subscribers.
News categories: Allegro DVT, T-Mobile Czech Republic, Jerome Blanc, Milan Hába, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Allegro DVT showcases HEVC/H.265 video encoder IP at IBC 2014
Sep 9, 2014 – At IBC 2014, Allegro DVT will perform a live demonstration of its HEVC/H.265 encoder IP core. The demonstration will be conducted on a prototyping platform, demonstrating the features and video quality of the IP.
News categories: Allegro DVT, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases MV-HEVC and DVB HEVC compliance streams
Sep 9, 2014 – Allegro DVT has released HEVC/H.265 compliance streams, to cover the recently introduced extensions to the initial HEVC standard. This includes HEVC/H.265 Range Extensions and Multi-View Extensions.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Worldwide
Allegro DVT unveils hardware HEVC/H.265 encoder IP
Feb 7, 2014 – Allegro DVT has announced an HEVC/H.265 encoder IP core. With the already available HEVC/H.265 decoder and H.264 encoder/decoder IPs, the encoder completes Allegro DVT’s multi-format codec silicon IP portfolio.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Allegro DVT adds 10-bit support to HEVC decoder silicon IP
Jul 19, 2013 – Allegro DVT has announced the industry's first fully compliant HEVC decoding IP that supports both Main and Main10 profiles. The Main10 profile was specifically designed to improve 4K content video quality thanks to 10 bit color depth support.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Allegro DVT Showcases HEVC/H.265 Video Decoder IP at MWC13
Feb 25, 2013 – At the Mobile World Congress, Allegro DVT will present on its booth its HEVC/H.265 Hardware Decoding IP, H.264 Hardware Encoding & Codec IPs, WiGig WDE Codec IP, and HEVC/H.265 Compliance Streams.
News categories: Allegro DVT, MWC20, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results