Digital TV News: Allwinner
Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
Oct 28, 2020 – Promwad has developed a video conferencing solution for STBs and Smart TV. The platform allows TV subscribers to organize joint viewing of movies and sports programs, launch stream-sharing, and make video calls from Android TV and RDK STBs.
News categories: Promwad, Ivan Kuten, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Allwinner 4K OTT STB SoC integrates Dolby Audio
Nov 13, 2015 – Allwinner Technology (Shenzhen: 300458) has announced that the company is integrating Dolby Audio technology into its latest 4K OTT set-top box SoC.
News categories: Allwinner, Dolby, Jack Lee, Jeff Wong, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allwinner releases 4K OTT set-top box chipset
Dec 9, 2014 – Allwinner Technology has announced H3, its 4K OTT set-top box chipset. The $6 device includes four ARM Cortex-A7 CPU cores and Mali graphics running above 600MHz and can decode H.265/H.264 4K video in hardware up to 30fps.
News categories: Allwinner, Jimmy Mak, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Allwinner announces SoC variant for high-end STBs
Oct 11, 2014 – In the run-up to the Hong Kong Electronics Fair, Allwinner Technology has announced an eight-core processor targeted at high-end smart set-top boxes and video games machines.
News categories: Allwinner, China, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Leaders in digital home solutions collaborate with Linaro on ARM Linux platforms
May 29, 2014 – Linaro, the not-for-profit engineering organization developing open source software for the ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) architecture, has announced the formation of the Linaro Digital Home Group (LHG).
News categories: Linaro, George Grey, Gaming, Gateway, Middleware, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Global Businesses Select ARM Mali GPU Technology across All Smart Devices
Feb 25, 2013 – ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has revealed that it has 75 licenses of its ARM® Mali GPU family of products across the smartphone, tablet and graphic-enabled Digital TV (DTV) markets.
News categories: ARM, MWC20, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results