Digital TV News: Altibox
Motorola 2011 set-top shipments up 6 percent compared to 2010
Jan 26, 2012 – Motorola (NYSE: MMI) has reported results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2011. Fourth quarter set-top shipments were down 3 percent compared to the year-ago quarter. Full year set-top shipments were up 6 percent compared to 2010.
News categories: Motorola, Results, Set Top Box
Pace Powers Altibox Video on Demand Transformation
Nov 29, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has provided the software to power Altibox's newly launched Video on Demand (VoD) portal, allowing the operator to overhaul the experience it delivers to consumers.
News categories: Pace plc, Altibox, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway
Motorola Mobility Helps Altibox Extend Video Services to any Room in the Home
Oct 31, 2011 – Altibox customers will soon enjoy an enhanced viewing experience with the introduction of Motorola Mobility's (NYSE:MMI) VAP2400 wireless video bridge.
News categories: Motorola, Altibox, IPTV, Norway, Smart Home
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden
ADB Group Reports Solid Financial Results for 2009
Feb 11, 2010 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has reported ADB Group's results for the full year 2009. Revenue for the full year 2009 reached US$ 381.0 million, increasing 5.6% compared to 2008, in line with expectations.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cable TV, IPTV, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ADB Group delivers a mid-period business update
Oct 29, 2009 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has provided an update on the development of its business. The demand from cable and satellite segments remains strong, with the demand from terrestrial segment picking up and IPTV starting to follow.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Cable TV, DVR, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ADB To Deliver HD DVR-Enabled IPTV Service To Altibox
Sep 13, 2009 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX:ADBN) has announced that it signed an agreement to supply two advanced IPTV devices, which will enable Altibox to offer its customers an HD IPTV service with PVR functionality.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Altibox, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Norway
Norway's Altibox Selects Harmonic's VOD and Digital Mosaic Solutions
Sep 11, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Altibox (formerly Lyse Tele) has deployed Harmonic's StreamLiner® video servers, Armada® intelligent asset management, and ProStream™ 8000 digital mosaic solution across Norway and Denmark.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Altibox, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Norway
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data