Digital TV News: Amino Communications
Amino demonstrates Intel® Atom™-powered media gateway at CES 2012
Jan 9, 2012 – Amino (AIM: AMO) will unveil the world's first hybrid/OTT media gateway to be powered by Intel's (NASDAQ: INTC) next generation 32nm Intel® Atom™ SoC for CE at CES 2012 in Las Vegas this week.
News categories: Amino, Intel Corp, CES2020, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
SkitterTV selects Amino OTT-enhanced IPTV set-top boxes for US deployment
Oct 25, 2011 – Amino (AIM: AMO) has secured a contract to provide SkitterTV with set-top boxes. The Atlanta-based company selected Amino STBs because of their ability to deliver both traditional IPTV services and content delivered over the open internet.
News categories: Amino, Skitter, DVR, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Opera lifts the curtain on Opera TV Store and TV Emulator at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – At IBC 2011, Opera Software will reveal the all new Opera TV Store, a simple solution for developers to build HTML5 apps for connected TVs and devices. OEMs can take advantage of these ready-made apps and offer them to their customers in an instant.
News categories: Opera Software, Apps, Blu-ray, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
blinkx Introduces TV API, Opens Online Video Index to Technology Partners
Feb 2, 2011 – blinkx has announced the launch of a TV API designed to provide partners in the Connected TV ecosystem - from box makers and TV manufacturers, to app developers and game consoles - access to blinkx's index of over 35 million hours of online video.
News categories: blinkx, Digital TV, Games Console, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vodafone Iceland Selects Amino's Next Generation IPTV Set-Top Boxes For Rollout
Jan 10, 2011 – Vodafone Iceland has selected Amino Communications' (LSE AIM: AMO) next generation HD set-top boxes (STB) for the next phase of its IPTV service rollout.
News categories: Amino, Vodafone, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Set Top Box
Amino Launches New Companion Set-top Box at CES 2011
Jan 5, 2011 – Amino Communications (LSE AIM: AMO) is to launch a new 'companion' set-top box at CES 2011 aimed at network operators seeking to add OTT ('Over the Top') functionality to their established pay-TV and broadcast offerings.
News categories: Amino, CES2020, OTT, Set Top Box
blinkx to Provide Search, Personalization and Recommendation Feature for Amino's Hybrid/OTT Set-Top Box
Nov 9, 2010 – blinkx (AIM: BLNX) has announced a partnership with Amino (AIM: AMO) to develop an integrated search, recommendation and personalization solution powered by blinkx technology to be deployed on Amino's hybrid/OTT set-top boxes.
News categories: blinkx, Amino, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers