Digital TV News: AppNexus
TVision secures $16 million in new funding
Nov 2, 2020 – TVision has announced that it has secured $16 million in new funding, led by SIG Asia Investments. Major corporations, networks and CTV platforms rely on TVision for person-level TV engagement data.
News categories: TVision, Susquehanna International Group, Yan Liu, Ye Li, Advertising, Big Data, USA, Venture Capital
FreeWheel launches Video Marketplace Report for Europe
Jan 30, 2020 – FreeWheel has launched a Video Marketplace Report specifically for Europe. The paper shows a continued upward trend in premium video, driving investment in 'growth platforms' such as connected TV and mobile.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Xandr introduces selling platform for premium TV and digital media companies
Sep 5, 2019 – Xandr has announced the launch of Xandr Monetize. The platform offers content owners improved monetization, through better inventory management, data-driven yield optimization, and differentiated buyer demand.
News categories: Xandr, Ryan Christensen, Carsten Schwecke, Amit Chaturvedi, Kya Sainsbury-Carter, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Lotame launches Lotame TV connected TV product suite
Aug 5, 2019 – Lotame has launched its connected TV product suite: Lotame TV. Lotame TV enables advertisers to connect, build, target, activate, and analyze TV viewership audiences for cross-screen digital campaigns through DSP partners such as AppNexus, Verizon Media, Google DBM, The Trade Desk, Adobe, and Amobee.
News categories: Lotame, Tricia Masturzo, Greg Hampton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Portugal's SAPO adopts AppNexus ad technology
Jun 3, 2019 – AppNexus and SAPO (Altice Portugal group) have announced that SAPO will adopt AppNexus’ full suite of products supporting the buying and selling of digital advertising, including the AppNexus Publisher Ad Server, the Supply Side Platform (SSP) and the Demand-Side Platform (DSP).
News categories: AppNexus, SAPO, Remi Boudard, Filipa Martins, Advertising, Portugal
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Ad-Tech market still highly fragmented despite intense M&A activity
Sep 18, 2018 – In spite of ongoing intense mergers and acquisitions activity, the advertising software market is still highly fragmented. According to IDC, the top 15 vendors represented less than 40% of the overall market in 2017.
News categories: IDC, Karsten Weide, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Rise of mobile drives advertisers to invest $30bn in online video despite ongoing risks
Aug 24, 2018 – According to WARC, advertisers are expected to spend a combined $30bn on online video advertising this year, most of which will be paid to social media platforms despite the continuing risks of negative adjacency and ad fraud.
News categories: WARC, James McDonald, Advertising, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
AT&T US up 80k; DTVLA up 140k video subs in 2Q 2018
Jul 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the second quarter of 2018. Total US video subscribers grew by 80,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW and U-Verse subscriber growth offset satellite declines. For DIRECTV Latin America, subscribers were up 140,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December