Digital TV News: Arion
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2020, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
Apr 25, 2016 – The global 4K Set Top Box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2024, according to Grand View Research. IPTV UHD STBs are anticipated to witness significant growth over the next eight years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nepal's HomeTV Selects Latens CAS Solution To Secure Content And Revenues
Aug 24, 2010 – Latens has announced that Satellite Channel Pvt. Ltd Nepal, a Pay-TV provider in the South Asia region, has chosen Latens DTH software CAS for its HomeTV DTH system in Nepal.
News categories: Latens, HomeTV, Media Nucleus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
Arion integrates Latens software-only CAS for DTH
Aug 4, 2010 – Latens has announced that their partnership with Arion Technology has delivered a world first. Latens CAS and Arion's STB technology have been integrated to deliver a secure, cardless one-way broadcasting solution for DTH broadcasters globally.
News categories: Latens, Arion, Conditional Access, Satellite, Set Top Box
Videocon soft launches India DTH service
Apr 28, 2009 – Videocon Industries will launch its Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service in India on May 1st, after a soft launch on April 27th in Macau in front of its 2,500 dealers.
News categories: D2H, Videocon Industries, ARION, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey