Digital TV News: Arion
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
Apr 25, 2016 – The global 4K Set Top Box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2024, according to Grand View Research. IPTV UHD STBs are anticipated to witness significant growth over the next eight years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nepal's HomeTV Selects Latens CAS Solution To Secure Content And Revenues
Aug 24, 2010 – Latens has announced that Satellite Channel Pvt. Ltd Nepal, a Pay-TV provider in the South Asia region, has chosen Latens DTH software CAS for its HomeTV DTH system in Nepal.
News categories: Latens, HomeTV, Media Nucleus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
Arion integrates Latens software-only CAS for DTH
Aug 4, 2010 – Latens has announced that their partnership with Arion Technology has delivered a world first. Latens CAS and Arion's STB technology have been integrated to deliver a secure, cardless one-way broadcasting solution for DTH broadcasters globally.
News categories: Latens, Arion, Conditional Access, Satellite, Set Top Box
Videocon soft launches India DTH service
Apr 28, 2009 – Videocon Industries will launch its Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service in India on May 1st, after a soft launch on April 27th in Macau in front of its 2,500 dealers.
News categories: D2H, Videocon Industries, ARION, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV