Digital TV News: Arion
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
Apr 25, 2016 – The global 4K Set Top Box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2024, according to Grand View Research. IPTV UHD STBs are anticipated to witness significant growth over the next eight years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nepal's HomeTV Selects Latens CAS Solution To Secure Content And Revenues
Aug 24, 2010 – Latens has announced that Satellite Channel Pvt. Ltd Nepal, a Pay-TV provider in the South Asia region, has chosen Latens DTH software CAS for its HomeTV DTH system in Nepal.
News categories: Latens, HomeTV, Media Nucleus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
Arion integrates Latens software-only CAS for DTH
Aug 4, 2010 – Latens has announced that their partnership with Arion Technology has delivered a world first. Latens CAS and Arion's STB technology have been integrated to deliver a secure, cardless one-way broadcasting solution for DTH broadcasters globally.
News categories: Latens, Arion, Conditional Access, Satellite, Set Top Box
Videocon soft launches India DTH service
Apr 28, 2009 – Videocon Industries will launch its Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service in India on May 1st, after a soft launch on April 27th in Macau in front of its 2,500 dealers.
News categories: D2H, Videocon Industries, ARION, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand