Digital TV News: Arion
Arion selects Vewd to support HbbTV OpApp deployment across Europe
Sep 12, 2019 – Vewd and Arion have partnered to deliver Vewd Core, and Vewd’s HbbTV and Operator App modules on Arion set-top boxes. The new agreement will result in the deployment of set-top boxes supporting the new HbbTV Operator App standard throughout Europe.
News categories: Vewd, Arion, Aneesh Rajaram, SH Cho, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC, Set Top Box
Inview to provide middleware for Cignal in the Philippines
Aug 18, 2016 – Cignal TV has selected Inview to provide the middleware for its SD, HD and Hybrid range of DTH set-top boxes. Inview will be supplying a high quality user interface, EPG and value added services such as advertising on Zapper satellite boxes.
News categories: Inview, Cignal TV, Julie Austin, Jane J. Basas, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, Philippines, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
Apr 25, 2016 – The global 4K Set Top Box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2024, according to Grand View Research. IPTV UHD STBs are anticipated to witness significant growth over the next eight years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nepal's HomeTV Selects Latens CAS Solution To Secure Content And Revenues
Aug 24, 2010 – Latens has announced that Satellite Channel Pvt. Ltd Nepal, a Pay-TV provider in the South Asia region, has chosen Latens DTH software CAS for its HomeTV DTH system in Nepal.
News categories: Latens, HomeTV, Media Nucleus, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
Arion integrates Latens software-only CAS for DTH
Aug 4, 2010 – Latens has announced that their partnership with Arion Technology has delivered a world first. Latens CAS and Arion's STB technology have been integrated to deliver a secure, cardless one-way broadcasting solution for DTH broadcasters globally.
News categories: Latens, Arion, Conditional Access, Satellite, Set Top Box
Videocon soft launches India DTH service
Apr 28, 2009 – Videocon Industries will launch its Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service in India on May 1st, after a soft launch on April 27th in Macau in front of its 2,500 dealers.
News categories: D2H, Videocon Industries, ARION, Conditional Access, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement