Digital TV News: Arkados
STMicroelectronics Expands Capabilities in Convergent Home Digital Networking and Smart Grid
Jul 5, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has completed its acquisition of the semiconductor assets and intellectual property of Arkados. ST has been working closely with Arkados since late 2008 to develop HomePlug wideband PLC solutions.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Arkados, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
STMicroelectronics and Arkados Announce Plans to Bring HomePlug AV System-on-Chip to Market
Oct 30, 2008 – Arkados (OTCBB: AKDS) and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) have announced that they have reached an agreement to develop and manufacture a best-in-class 200 Mbit per second, HomePlug AV wideband powerline modem System-on-Chip (SoC).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Arkados, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Demonstrates New Innovations at CES 2008 as HomePlug Global Shipments Now Exceed 15 Million Products
Jan 8, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that, surpassing initial estimates, HomePlug member companies have now shipped over 15 million Powerline communications (PLC) devices worldwide, more than doubling the number of shipments since 2006.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
HomePlug/Panasonic Merged Proposal Takes the First Step in Becoming a Worldwide Standard through the Efforts of the IEEE P1901 Work Group
Oct 30, 2007 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that the joint proposal, submitted by HomePlug member companies and Panasonic®, is the sole MAC/PHY proposal remaining in the IEEE P1901 work group process for creating an international standard for in-home and access powerline communication technologies.
News categories: HomePlug Alliance, DS2, Universal Powerline Association, CEPCA, P1901, Digital TV, Smart Home
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden