Digital TV News: Arkados
STMicroelectronics Expands Capabilities in Convergent Home Digital Networking and Smart Grid
Jul 5, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has completed its acquisition of the semiconductor assets and intellectual property of Arkados. ST has been working closely with Arkados since late 2008 to develop HomePlug wideband PLC solutions.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Arkados, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
STMicroelectronics and Arkados Announce Plans to Bring HomePlug AV System-on-Chip to Market
Oct 30, 2008 – Arkados (OTCBB: AKDS) and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) have announced that they have reached an agreement to develop and manufacture a best-in-class 200 Mbit per second, HomePlug AV wideband powerline modem System-on-Chip (SoC).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Arkados, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Demonstrates New Innovations at CES 2008 as HomePlug Global Shipments Now Exceed 15 Million Products
Jan 8, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that, surpassing initial estimates, HomePlug member companies have now shipped over 15 million Powerline communications (PLC) devices worldwide, more than doubling the number of shipments since 2006.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
HomePlug/Panasonic Merged Proposal Takes the First Step in Becoming a Worldwide Standard through the Efforts of the IEEE P1901 Work Group
Oct 30, 2007 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that the joint proposal, submitted by HomePlug member companies and Panasonic®, is the sole MAC/PHY proposal remaining in the IEEE P1901 work group process for creating an international standard for in-home and access powerline communication technologies.
News categories: HomePlug Alliance, DS2, Universal Powerline Association, CEPCA, P1901, Digital TV, Smart Home
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
- MarketCast partners with VIZIO to measure ad performance
- NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
- FCC proposes pricing transparency for cable and satellite services
- Tubi announces new planning integrations and partnerships
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting