Digital TV News: Arqiva
Freeview Play to launch in UK on Panasonic TVs next month
Sep 3, 2015 – Freeview and Digital UK have announced that the new Freeview Play connected TV service, the next generation of the UK’s biggest TV platform, will launch in October. Panasonic televisions will be the first to introduce the service.
News categories: Freeview, Digital UK, Panasonic, Guy North, Caroline Thomson, Andrew Denham, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview UK rebrands as Freeview Play
Feb 12, 2015 – Freeview UK has undergone a major rebrand in preparation for a new product launch that will introduce a mass market connected TV offer. The Freeview logo and visual identity have been refreshed to reflect the platform’s evolving service.
News categories: Freeview, Keith Underwood, Guy North, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
Digital UK awards contracts to build Freeview connected TV service
Nov 26, 2014 – Digital UK has announced the signing of contracts to build and test its Freeview-branded connected TV service. Digital UK is also now making the technical specification for the service available to manufacturers and content providers.
News categories: Digital UK, Arqiva, Digital TV Labs, Ilse Howling, Charles Constable, Digital TV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
UK's YouView plans expansion
Jul 22, 2014 – YouView has announced the completion of an agreement which guarantees five years of funding by all of its seven shareholders. YouView has passed over 1 million connected UK homes in less than 18 months since its marketing launch.
News categories: YouView, Richard Halton, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
BBC R&D announces Ultra-High Definition trials
Jun 5, 2014 – BBC R&D has announced that it will work with Arqiva, major consumer electronics vendors and technology providers to explore the delivery of live Ultra-High Definition (UHD) content over broadcast and broadband networks.
News categories: BBC, Arqiva, Matthew Postgate, Steve Holebrook, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
End of analogue TV era as switchover completes in the UK
Oct 24, 2012 – The UK has ended analogue broadcasting with the completion of digital television switchover. Switchover has boosted digital terrestrial TV coverage for 10 million viewers in reception blackspots and cleared airwaves for new uses.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
YouView set-top boxes now available in the UK
Jul 25, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, will be available in stores across the country from July 26, 2012.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
YouView unveiled and retail debut confirmed
Jul 4, 2012 – YouView, the new set top box offering subscription-free digital TV and catch-up in the UK, has launched and will be available in major retailers by the end of July.
News categories: YouView, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
Arqiva to build digital infrastructure in Gibraltar
May 10, 2012 – Arqiva has won a 'design and build' contract from the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA) to provide a digital broadcasting network in Gibraltar. The network will comprise multiplexing and transmission for both digital TV and DAB digital radio.
News categories: Arqiva, Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, Content Distribution, Gibraltar, Terrestrial
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden