Digital TV News: Aston
iflix to distribute exclusive localized QYOU video programming
Feb 6, 2018 – QYOU Media (TSXV: QYOU OTC: QYOUF) has announced that it has partnered with iflix to distribute QYOU’s curated online video content in 25 global territories. The agreement includes exclusive locally hosted formats on iflix’s service in Indonesia, Malaysia and Philippines.
News categories: QYOU Media, iflix, Curt Marvis, Sean Carey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, OTT, Philippines
Swrve adds streaming video and OTT TV to customer interaction platform
Nov 30, 2017 – Swrve has extended its platform to support digital media streaming platforms. Swrve enables organizations to drive engagement, retention, and revenue by sending ‘perfect massage, perfect time’ campaigns based on real-time customer intelligence.
News categories: Swrve, Christopher Dean, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
TiVo survey shows differences between loyal pay TV subscribers and OTT cord cutters
Sep 13, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released findings from its 2017 survey of pay-TV and OTT service subscribers across the U.S., Europe and Latin America. The study revealed that respondents on average watch 4.4 hours of video content each day.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Paul Stathacopoulos, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Latin America, Market Research, USA
MediaTek releases Ultra HD TV SoC with Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma
Jun 12, 2017 – MediaTek has announced the availability of its MediaTek MT5597 System-on-Chip (SoC), an Ultra HD TV SoC supporting Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). MT5597 transforms TV viewing experiences with breakthrough brightness, contrast and color.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Joe Chen, John Couling, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Kwesé TV starts DTH broadcasting in Ghana, Rwanda and Zambia
Jan 30, 2017 – The Kwesé Network's Kwesé TV pay TV satellite service has started broadcasting, beaming entertainment and sports programming to households in Ghana, Rwanda and Zambia - the initial countries of the Kwesé TV rollout across Africa.
News categories: Econet Media, Kwesé TV, Joseph Hundah, Digital TV, Ghana, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM now Dolby Vision compatible
Sep 9, 2016 – Intertrust has announced that the Intertrust ExpressPlay cloud-based digital rights management (DRM) system is now compatible with Dolby Vision, the HDR imaging format for Ultra HD content.
News categories: Intertrust, Dolby, Kenny Huang, Curt Behlmer, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, Worldwide
TELUS first to launch 4K TV in Western Canada
Jul 19, 2016 – British Columbians and Albertans can now experience ultra-high-definition television with the launch of 4K on Optik TV. TELUS is the first and currently, the only carrier in Western Canada to offer 4K programming.
News categories: TELUS, Wade Domries, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Dolby Vision HDR now available on Amazon Video
Jun 27, 2016 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Amazon (NYSE:AMZN) have announced that the second season of the hit Amazon Original Series Bosch and a slate of blockbuster films are now available in Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Amazon Video.
News categories: Dolby, Amazon, Curt Behlmer, Jim Freeman, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Sigma Designs shipping first UHD TV chip with Dolby Vision
Jan 5, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has begun delivering volume quantities of its STV7701 Ultra HD High Dynamic Range (HDR). The single-chip is the only product shipping that supports multiple HDR standards including Dolby Vision, BD UHD HDR, and HDR 10.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Dolby, Giles Baker, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5