Digital TV News: Attest
IAB Tech Lab announces ads.cert 2.0 authentication protocols
Sep 30, 2021 – IAB Tech Lab has announced ads.cert 2.0, a standard introduced to enhance security in the digital advertising ecosystem. In particular, the protocols secure buying and selling of programmatic CTV ad inventory.
News categories: IAB Tech Lab, Amit Shetty, Rob Hazan, Advertising, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
WeTek helps Intek and Transvision to deploy Android TV in Indonesia
Sep 2, 2019 – WeTek has announced a successful partnership with Intek and Transvision, helping both companies deliver an Android TV solution in Indonesia. The project included the design of the company’s newest set-top box line.
News categories: WeTek, Intek, Transvision, Hugo Condesa, Shine Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBC
Sep 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced a number of customer wins from around the world. Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS's international leadership.
News categories: ARRIS International, Steve McCaffery, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2022, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Verimatrix forensic watermarking accredited by ChinaDRM Lab
Apr 10, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that its forensic watermarking capabilities have been evaluated and validated by ChinaDRM Lab, the official testing organization of the State Administration of Radio and Television of the People's Republic of China.
News categories: Verimatrix, State Administration of Radio and Television, Petr Peterka, China, Digital TV, NABShow, Regulation, Watermarking
Vodafone Portugal to host Group's centre for TV development
Oct 10, 2016 – Vodafone Portugal has been selected by the Vodafone Group to host a Competence Centre for the development and management of next generation TV. Known as TV Hub, the Centre will be the innovation laboratory for the various markets where the Group operates.
News categories: Vodafone, Mário Vaz, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Mobile, New Zealand, Portugal
Single Touch and PMC form video patent exploitation JV
Apr 23, 2014 – Single Touch Systems (OTCBB: SITO) has announced the formation of partnership with Personalized Media Communications (PMC). The joint venture will exploit Single Touch's video streaming, and PMC's digital broadcast, delivery and payment patents.
News categories: Single Touch, Personalized Media Communications, James Orsini, Gerald Holtzman, Content Distribution, Licensing, Patent, Streaming, Worldwide
AirTies Partners with Quantenna to Deliver Wireless HD Video Streaming with Unparalleled Range and Performance
Aug 16, 2011 – AirTies is partnering with Quantenna Communications to build High Definition (HD) video streaming solutions for the home with unmatched range and performance.
News categories: AirTies, Quantenna, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
China Set-top Box Shipments Post Significant Increase in 2009
May 7, 2010 – Set-top box (STB) shipments in China increased sharply in 2009 in line with the country's higher consumption of LCD-TVs, according to iSuppli. However, STB shipments in 2010 are projected to fall approximately 10 percent.
News categories: iSuppli, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ZTE Enhances 3G Mobile TV Experience at Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
Aug 4, 2008 – ZTE (Shenzhen: 000063; Hong Kong: 0763) is rolling out its U728, the industry's first-TD-SCDMA TV handset. The new TD-SCDMA TV handset supports CMMB and will be available in the domestic market in time for the Beijing Olympic Games.
News categories: ZTE, 5G, China, Digital TV, Mobile
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data
- TikTok now available on VIZIO Smart TVs
- Irdeto announces results for its 2022 financial year
- Magnite launches programmatic offering in Australia with Samsung Ads
- Comscore adds multi-platform CTV measurement for India
- Frost & Sullivan names Samba TV #1 in TV viewership data capability
- South Korea pay-TV revenues to grow slowly to $6.9bn by end 2026
- UK's BARB releases Establishment Survey data for Q1 2022
- Metaverse Standards Forum launched
- Tremor International makes strategic investment in VIDAA
- By 2024, U.S. traditional pay-TV to have declined to 76.7 million households