Digital TV News: BCE Inc
Bell TV first in Canada to offer 100 High Definition TV channels
Nov 2, 2009 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced that Bell has reaffirmed its TV leadership in Québec and across Canada by becoming the first television provider in the country to offer 100 High Definition channels.
News categories: BCE Inc, Canada, Digital TV, Satellite
Bell adds 12,000 video subscribers in Q1
May 7, 2009 – BCE (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has reported BCE and Bell results for the first quarter of 2009. Bell added 12,000 net new video subscribers in the first quarter of 2009 to give a total video subscriber base of 1,864,000.
News categories: BCE Inc, Canada, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
World Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV Service Revenues to Cross the US$50 Billion Mark in 2009
Mar 3, 2008 – DTH satellite TV subscribers worldwide are projected to be over 133 million in 2010, as stated in a recent report published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV