Digital TV News: BMW
BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
May 24, 2023 – Xperi (NYSE: XPER) has announced that BMW has selected TiVo's video media platform to provide customers with access to video content, including linear and on demand streaming services.
News categories: Xperi, BMW, Jon Kirchner, Ingo Lasslop, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
Jan 30, 2023 – Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult are to launch an app distribution service for cars enabling developers to design and fine-tune their apps, manufacturers to customize their app stores, and users to get access to a wide range of apps and games.
News categories: Aptoide, Catappult, Álvaro Pinto, Thijs van Herkhuizen, Apps, In-Car, Worldwide
BMW pilots in-car streaming of Bundesliga football
Jan 18, 2023 – BMW and DFL Deutsche Fußball Liga have announced a pilot in which content from the Bundesliga will delivered over-the-air to the new BMW 7 Series for viewing on its BMW Curved Display.
News categories: BMW, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Streaming
Garmin unveils Unified Cabin Experience at CES 2023
Jan 4, 2023 – Garmin (NYSE: GRMN) will demonstrate its in-cabin solutions for automotive at CES 2023. A camera identifies each passenger, enabling occupants to enjoy personalized entertainment options including games and streaming video platforms.
News categories: Garmin, Matt Munn, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
CTA lowers revenue forecast for U.S. technology sector
Jan 3, 2023 – Research from the CTA projects U.S. technology retail revenues of $485 billion in 2023. This new data puts revenues slightly above pre-pandemic levels, following a three-year surge that peaked in 2021.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
Nov 22, 2022 – Garmin was lauded for its contribution to the Theatre Screen, a back-seat movie lounge experience for the BMW 7 Series. Garmin's computing module manages all the software and customer interfaces to enable the experience.
News categories: Garmin, BMW, Matt Munn, Joachim Post, Digital TV, In-Car, UX
BMW and AirConsole to bring casual gaming to vehicles in 2023
Oct 11, 2022 – AirConsole and the BMW Group will bring casual gaming into new BMW vehicles, starting next year. The AirConsole technology enables games to be instantly delivered over-the-air and to control them using smartphones.
News categories: AirConsole, BMW, Anthony Cliquot, Stephan Durac, Digital TV, Gaming, In-Car, Worldwide
Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
Oct 3, 2022 – Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER) has completed its first day of trading as an independent company. Each stockholder of the Company’s predecessor (now known as “Adeia”) received a distribution of four shares of Xperi Common Stock for every ten shares of common stock of Adeia.
News categories: Xperi, Jon Kirchner, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Amazon Fire TV device sales exceed 150 million
Feb 3, 2022 – Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced results for its fourth quarter ended December 31, 2021. The company has now sold more than 150 million Fire TV devices worldwide since launching the device in 2014.
News categories: Amazon, Digital TV, In-Car, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media