Digital TV News: BSkyB
Subscriber numbers to fall for 40 of Europe's Pay TV operators
Oct 8, 2014 – A report from Digital TV Research forecasts that subscriber numbers will fall for 40 of Europe's pay TV operators between 2013 and 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Roku Announces ‘Roku Powered’ Program
Sep 8, 2014 – Roku has announced the introduction of the Roku Powered program. Aimed at Pay TV providers outside of the US, Roku is licensing its technology to enable providers to use the Internet to deliver customized entertainment to consumers.
News categories: Roku, Steve Shannon, Emma Lloyd, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
SKY Italia subscriber base declines 25,000 in 2Q 2014
Aug 6, 2014 – Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ: FOXA, FOX) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2014. SKY Italia’s subscriber base declined by 25,000 during the quarter bringing total subscribers to 4.73 million.
News categories: Twenty-First Century Fox, SKY Italia, Sky Deutschland, Germany, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
UK first for silicon decoding of 4k using HEVC
May 20, 2014 – The DTG UK UHD Forum has hosted a UK first at the DTG Summit in London, demonstrating the live decoding and display of 10-bit 50Hz 2160p content compressed with HEVC - the first example of decoding using silicon in real time.
News categories: DTG, Broadcom, Simon Gauntlett, Rich Nelson, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UK
GTC to offer BSkyB TV entirely over fibre
Apr 8, 2014 – GTC and BSkyB (LSE:BSY) have announced that they have reached an agreement to provide customers on GTC's new-build fibre optic networks with premium TV, fixed-line home phone and broadband speeds of up to 300Mbps.
News categories: GTC, BSkyB, Andrew Robinson, Brendan Hegarty, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, UK
Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 8.4% to $1,979.6m in 2013, driven by demand for Media Servers in H1 2013 in North America and a number of new deployments in H2 2013.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Emerging markets driving growth in pay-TV market
Feb 18, 2014 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its 1st edition Pay TV Subscriber Database. The top 5 satellite providers by subscribers are DIRECTV US, DISH Network, DIRECTV Latin America, Tata Sky, and BSkyB.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
EU investigates restrictions affecting cross border provision of pay TV services
Jan 13, 2014 – The European Commission has opened formal antitrust proceedings to examine certain provisions in licensing agreements between several major US film studios and the largest European pay-TV broadcasters.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, Regulation
Liberty Global extends its dominance in Europe
Nov 13, 2013 – Pay TV subscriptions for the 102 operators across 26 countries covered in a new report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 105.8 million in 2008 to 131.9 million in 2012 and onto 147.1 million by 2018.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup