Digital TV News: BSkyB
Freesat now in 1.7 million UK homes
May 1, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's free-to-air digital satellite television provider has announced 2012/13 results. Having added c.150,000 homes in the last 12 months, Freesat remains the UK's fastest growing established TV platform, and continues to outgrow Pay-TV rivals.
News categories: Freesat, Market Research, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
BSkyB selects AirTies to supply Wireless Connector for TV on demand service
Jan 8, 2013 – AirTies has announced that it is providing BSkyB (LSE:BSY) with wireless connectors that allow Sky customers to wirelessly access Sky's TV on demand service.
News categories: AirTies, BSkyB, Smart Home, UK
BSkyB's NOW TV extends reach with Roku launch
Nov 28, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced that NOW TV, its internet TV service is now available on Roku streaming players. NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, Roku, NOW TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
OTT and Operator-Owned Multiscreen Service Penetration in UK to Exceed 75% and 52% Respectively by 2017
Nov 19, 2012 – According to ABI Research, the UK leads Europe in the adoption of both standalone OTT and operator-owned multiscreen services. Many UK consumers fit the multi-device profile, with more than 10% of the population already boasting an average of four connected devices.
News categories: ABI Research, Market Research, Streaming, TV Everywhere, UK
High Definition Sport tops the league in European television
Oct 9, 2012 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has announced European television market figures. HD channel growth continues to explode with a total of 941 in October. Sports, film, and those of the main generalist broadcasters are the most dominant channels in HD.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, EU, Europe, Market Research
SES Successfully Launches ASTRA 2F Satellite
Oct 1, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 2F satellite was successfully launched on Friday, 28 September, on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana. This is SES' 36th successful launch on Ariane.
News categories: SES S.A, Ariane, Content Distribution, Ireland, Satellite, UK
MTV is Europe's top distributed channel
Sep 26, 2012 – MTV is carried by more European operators than any other channel, according to a new report from Digital TV Research. However, the TV Channel Distribution in Europe report points out that several other channels are close behind.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Europe, Market Research
Pace and ThinkAnalytics Team on Intelligent Navigation and Content Recommendation
Sep 5, 2012 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its ThinkAnalytics Recommendations Engine has been integrated with Cobalt Media Head End and software from Pace (LSE: PIC).
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Pace plc, Content Distribution, Middleware
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes