Digital TV News: BSkyB
Liberty Global and BSkyB to continue to dominate European pay TV
Sep 5, 2012 – Pay TV subscriptions for the 95 operators across 25 countries covered in a new report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 96.2 million in 2007 to 140.9 million by 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Triple-play subscriptions to rocket to 400 million
Aug 21, 2012 – Global triple-play subscriptions will reach 400 million by 2017; up by nearly 300 million on the end-2011 total and up by 380 million on the 2007 total, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, UK, USA
BSkyB launches NOW TV online movies
Jul 16, 2012 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced the launch of NOW TV. NOW TV makes Sky Movies - followed later by Sky Sports - available across a wide range of internet-connected devices, with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, NOW TV, Digital TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, UK
The End of Set-Top Box Domination Looms as Multiscreen Pay-TV Operators Shift to PCs, Smartphones and Tablets
Jul 10, 2012 – In 2015, 49% of all devices obtaining TV services from 43 of the largest global pay-TV operators that have commenced deployment of multiscreen services will be PCs, smartphones, tablets and other so-called multiscreen devices, according to IHS Screen Digest.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, TV Everywhere
ThinkAnalytics™ Brings Intelligent Navigation to More Than 70 Million Subscribers
Jun 28, 2012 – ThinkAnalytics™ has announced that it has surpassed 70 million licensed viewers across 16 countries. Twenty service providers rely on ThinkAnalytics technology to deliver search and recommendations from live TV, EPG, VOD, social media and OTT content.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Content Distribution, Market Research, Middleware
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Entropic Enables Unitron Multi-Switch to Simplify European Satellite Market Installations
Jun 6, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) technology has been tapped by Unitron Group for its Johansson single cable multi-switch, the 9742.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Unitron Group, Europe, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Worldwide Pay-TV Revenue on the Rise, to Reach $236 Billion at the End of 2012
Dec 20, 2011 – According to ABI Research, the worldwide pay-TV market will continue to grow to generate service revenues of $236 billion by the end of next year. Cable TV operators continue to face increasing competition from IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) services.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
The Future of TV Begins Now on Xbox 360
Dec 5, 2011 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has announced the launch of an all-new Xbox 360 experience including the first group of new, custom applications from world leading TV and entertainment content providers on Xbox LIVE.
News categories: Xbox, Australia, Austria, Canada, Digital TV, Finland, France, Gaming, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Streaming, Sweden, UK, USA
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden