Digital TV News: BT Vision
Growth in connected TV, mobiles and tablets fuels record viewing figures for BBC iPlayer in 2011
Jan 16, 2012 – New figures show that the growing popularity of internet-connected TVs, smartphones and tablets helped BBC iPlayer hit record-breaking numbers in 2011, with 1.94 billion TV and radio programme requests across all platforms.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Blu-ray, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, UK
IPTV Subscriptions Forecasted to Grow from 40 Million to Over 70 Million by 2014
May 19, 2011 – An analysis of the top 75 media economies across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific by the leading media information provider SNL Kagan, evidences strong growth prospects for IPTV.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Julija Jurkevic, IPTV, Market Research
BT Vision adds a new dimension to films
Nov 10, 2010 – BT (LSE:BT.A)(NYSE:BT) has entered into an agreement with NBC Universal International Television Distribution for the video-on-demand rights in the UK to all the 3D movie titles the studio will release over the next 12 months.
News categories: BT Vision, IPTV, Metaverse, UK
Pace plc AGM and Interim Management Statement
Apr 19, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has said that the FIFA World Cup, which will be broadcast in HD and 3D formats, will result in first half performance being ahead of the second half as operators ship ahead of this major sporting event.
News categories: Pace plc, Mike McTighe, Results, Set Top Box
Pace launches new IPTV set-top box platform
Mar 24, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has launched a new set-top box platform using Microsoft's Mediaroom IPTV software. Pace has developed the customisable platform to enable operators to quickly and easily roll out IPTV, hybrid broadcast/broadband and OTT services.
News categories: Pace plc, Microsoft, Oliver Thivolet, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Pace demonstrates IP connectivity leadership at IPTV World Forum
Mar 22, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) will demonstrate its IP connectivity expertise during the IPTV World Forum show in London this week. Pace will showcase both future technological innovation and real-world customer deployments of its converged pay TV technologies.
News categories: Pace plc, Mathias Hautefort, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange
Pace announces agreement to acquire Bewan Systems
Mar 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that Pace France has signed a conditional agreement to acquire Bewan Systems SA, the Paris-based IP and cable gateways specialist. The consideration for the acquisition will not exceed €12.5 million.
News categories: Pace plc, Bewan Systems, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, MandA, Router, Set Top Box
Pace ships 17.2 million set-top boxes in 2009
Mar 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced results for the year to 31 December 2009. Growth in revenues and profitability was matched by a growth in shipments with 17.2m (2008: 13.1m) set-top boxes delivered to customers across all global markets.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, DVR, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
BT Vision adds 15k installations in last three months of 2009
Feb 11, 2010 – BT Group plc (BT.L) has announced results for the quarter to 31 December 2009. The BT Vision customer base grew to 451,000 at 31 December 2009, an increase of 15 thousand in the quarter and 75 thousand year-on-year.
News categories: BT Vision, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
- Bezeq signs distribution agreement for Disney+
- Synamedia acquires content discovery platform provider, Utelly
- Gracenote launches Streaming Channels Data
- Mongolia's Univision selects end-to-end solution from Viaccess-Orca
- TV5MONDE expands global reach with Harmonic cloud streaming
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G