Digital TV News: Bell Aliant
Bell Aliant adds 14,800 IPTV customers in 4Q 2013
Feb 4, 2014 – Bell Aliant (TSX: BA) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2013. IPTV customers numbered 178,100 at the end of the period, up 44.8 per cent from a year earlier.
News categories: Bell Aliant, Canada, Fibre, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
IPTV revives growth in Canada's pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 12, 2013 – Canada’s publicly traded TV service providers added television subscribers in the third quarter of 2013 thanks to record growth of IPTV, reversing a trend of cumulative losses in each of the previous three quarters.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Mario Mota, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Cord-cutting in Canada's traditional TV service market accelerates in Q2 2013
Aug 13, 2013 – Canada's publicly traded television service providers lost an estimated 19,624 TV subscribers combined in the second quarter of 2013, according to new research from Ottawa-based research and consulting firm Boon Dog Professional Services.
News categories: Boon Dog Professional Services, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
CopperGate Shipped Over 10 Million HomePNA Chips for Home Networking
Jun 29, 2009 – CopperGate HomePNA chips are used in digital devices deployed worldwide in home entertainment networks and IPTV systems. They are deployed by more than 40 telecommunications, cable, and satellite companies.
News categories: CopperGate, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
IPTV Pioneer Bell Aliant Selects Harmonic for MPEG-4 Network Upgrade
Aug 20, 2008 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Bell Aliant (TSX: BA.UN) has selected Harmonic's industry-leading DiviCom® Electra® 5400 standard definition (SD) encoders for its MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) upgrade.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Bell Aliant, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Bell Aliant Reports Second Quarter Results
Aug 5, 2008 – Bell Aliant (TSX: BA.UN) has reported distributions to its unit holders of $92.1 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2008. For Aliant TV, the IPTV service, subscribers increased by almost 25 per cent in the quarter to just over 17,000 customers.
News categories: Bell Aliant, Canada, DVR, Fibre, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Bell Aliant Chooses Corinex for its IP Based Service, Aliant TV
Mar 31, 2008 – Corinex has announced that Bell Aliant (TSX: BA.UN) has selected its home networking technology to aid in the deployment of Aliant TV.
News categories: Corinex, Bell Aliant, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania