Digital TV News: Bell Canada
INSIDE Secure and Rambus collaborate to protect 4K and Ultra HD content
May 30, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it is working with Cryptography Research to enable the delivery of over-the-top (OTT) 4K and Ultra High Definition (UHD) content that meets Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) specifications.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Rambus, Andrew McLennan, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
INSIDE Secure and VisualOn partner to secure OTT playback
Apr 6, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris:INSD) and VisualOn have announced that they are partnering to provide a secure multimedia player SDK to allow the development and rollout of video applications, supporting the most popular DRM systems, across all OTT platforms.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, VisualOn, Andrew McLennan, Andy Lin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Bell Fibe TV launches 4K Whole Home PVR in Canada
Jan 18, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that Fibe TV customers in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa and Québec City can now purchase Bell's new 4K Whole Home PVR. The Fibe TV 4K Whole Home PVR is the smallest available on the market, has the largest recording capacity and is HDR-ready.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
INSIDE Secure collaborates with Microsoft on 4K/UHD and HDR security
Jan 7, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that the company is collaborating with Microsoft to upgrade its popular DRM Fusion implementation of PlayReady to enhance the security of over-the-top (OTT) content distribution by combining hardware and software security.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Microsoft, Andrew McLennan, George Ayad, CES2023, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Bell becomes Canada's largest TV provider
Nov 4, 2015 – Bell has announced that the popularity of Fibe TV has made Bell TV the largest provider of television services in Canada for the first time, with more than 2.7 million TV customers across the country.
News categories: Bell Canada, George Cope, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, Subscribers
INSIDE Secure first with TEE and SCP security components on an ARM platform
Sep 9, 2015 – INSIDE Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced the launch of DRM Fusion Embedded Agent for HD/UHD for consumer electronics manufacturers and system on chip (SOC) makers, and DRM Fusion Downloadable Agent for HD/UHD for video service providers.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Martin Bergenwall, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Silicon IP, Worldwide
7% of U.S. households have broadband and OTT but no pay TV
Jun 11, 2015 – Industry research from Parks Associates finds global OTT video service subscription revenues will increase from nearly $9 billion in 2014 to over $19 billion in 2019. Currently, 57% of U.S. broadband households subscribe to an OTT video service.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Canada, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Spain, Streaming, UK, USA
58% of Canadian broadband households have access to online video on their TV set
May 21, 2015 – Parks Associates research reveals 58% of Canadian broadband households have at least one connected CE device that allows online content to be accessed through a TV set, up from 48% in 2012.
News categories: Parks Associates, John Barrett, Brett Sappington, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
One million IPTV customers for Bell Canada
Apr 17, 2015 – Bell has announced that it now serves 1 million IPTV customers, making Fibe TV and FibreOP TV among the fastest growing product lines in Bell's history. Bell has become the second-largest television provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes