Digital TV News: Best Buy
Smart TV share jumps to 70% of TV shipments in 2018
Jul 17, 2018 – The global unit-share of smart TVs rose from 45 percent of total TV shipments in 2015 to 64 percent in 2017. It is expected to reach 70 percent of all TV shipments in 2018., according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
News categories: IHS Markit, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Amazon to sell Fire TV Edition Smart TVs through Best Buy
Apr 18, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) have announced a collaboration to bring the next generation of Fire TV Edition smart TVs to customers in the United States and Canada.
News categories: Amazon, Best Buy, Jeff Bezos, Hubert Joly, Digital TV, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Apple's wireless speaker arrives February 9
Jan 23, 2018 – HomePod, the wireless speaker from Apple, arrives on February 9 in the US, UK and Australia. HomePod will arrive in France and Germany this spring. With Siri, HomePod can control a wide range of HomeKit smart home accessories.
News categories: Apple, Philip Schiller, Australia, France, Germany, Smart Home, UK, USA
Pixelworks processor drives Hauppauge dual-tuner OTA streamer
Jan 8, 2018 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced the Company’s XCode 5516 processor with advanced transcoding is the fundamental technology behind the OTA streaming in Hauppauge’s recently launched Cordcutter TV.
News categories: Pixelworks, Hauppauge, Anselmo Pilla, Ken Plotkin, ATSC 3, Cable TV, CES2022, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
TiVo unveils VOX lineup providing a voice-powered TiVo experience
Oct 24, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has introduced additions to the TiVo consumer product family – the TiVo BOLT VOX and TiVo Mini VOX. The device lineup includes TiVo’s first voice control remote – the TiVo VOX Remote, with which viewers can use their voice to search for programs.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Ted Malone, Digital TV, DVR, USA, UX
Roku announces new streaming player line
Oct 2, 2017 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced five new streaming players. The new line up includes a range of player models that offer better performance, improved wireless reception, new convenience features and greater value than ever before.
News categories: Roku, Chas Smith, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Mohu launches device to offer cord cutters 'Free TV Everywhere'
Jan 4, 2017 – Mohu has launched Mohu AirWave, the industry’s first-of-its-kind, wireless, over-the-air (OTA) and over-the-top (OTT) device that integrates live, local broadcast TV with free streaming channels across popular streaming devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android, iOS and more.
News categories: Mohu, Mark Buff, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, Gateway, OTT, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
4K UHD Insignia Roku TVs available at Best Buy
Mar 10, 2016 – Roku has announced that the first 4K UHD Insignia Roku TV models are available for purchase from Best Buy. The 4K UHD Insignia Roku TVs feature the Roku OS which provides a personalized home screen and access to more than 3,000 streaming channels.
News categories: Roku, Best Buy, Chas Smith, Luke Motschenbacher, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Samsung leads U.S. 4K TV market
Dec 2, 2015 – Parks Associates research has found that in teh U.S. up to mid-2015, more Samsung 4K TV sets were sold than any other brand. Samsung accounted for 28% of 4K TV purchases made within the last 12 months to U.S. broadband households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership