Digital TV News: Billi
CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
May 11, 2022 – Innovid (NYSE: CTV) has announced findings from its annual Global Benchmarks Report. The report revealed that in 2021, CTV surpassed mobile as the channel with the greatest share of global video impressions.
News categories: Innovid, Jessica Hogue, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
May 16, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 485 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.69 billion. Six US-based platforms will have 988 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2027, up from 612 million in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
May 11, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has reported earnings for its second quarter ended April 2, 2022. The company increased its total streaming subscriptions to 205.6 million, with 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in the quarter.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ:LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced its Q1 2022 results. Organic video subscriber losses at continuing operations were 21,900 in the quarter. VodafoneZiggo video subscribers were down 24,500 over the same period.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
May 10, 2022 – Samba TV has announced the release of its State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022, showing a complex viewership landscape marked by a saturated linear TV ad market, increased cord-shaving, and a high likelihood for streaming subscriber churn.
News categories: Samba TV, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
May 6, 2022 – Worldwide spending on Telecom and Pay TV services reached $1.566 billion in 2021, an increase of 1.6% year over year, according to IDC. IDC expects spending to increase by 1.4% in 2022 to reach a total of $1,588 billion.
News categories: IDC, Kresimir Alic, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Global AVOD revenues to grow to $70 billion by 2027
May 9, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Global AVOD revenues will reach $70 billion in 2027, up from $33 billion in 2021. By then, thirteen countries will generate more than $1 billion annually, up from only five in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 462,000 in 1Q 2022
May 6, 2022 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending March 31, 2022. Net pay-TV subscribers decreased approximately 462,000 in the quarter, closing at 10.24 million pay-TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Global pay TV to add subscribers but lose revenues
May 4, 2022 – Digital TV Research expects 19 million more pay TV subscribers to be added between 2021 and 2027, but revenues to decline by $25 billion during the same time frame. IPTV will add 79 million while satellite TV will lose 10 million subscribers over the period.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report