Digital TV News: BitBand
ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based 'M20' smart set-top box at IBC 2013
Sep 10, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will showcase its new 'M20' IPTV and OTT Smart STB at IBC 2013. The M20 is powered by Broadcom's BCM7241 HD IP STB SoC and delivers a full suite of internet-based frameworks and applications.
News categories: ABOX42, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ABOX42 Unveils Broadcom-powered 'M12' High End IP STB at IBC 2012
Sep 6, 2012 – ABOX42 has announced its 'M12' IPTV and OTT set top box. The M12 enables service providers to deliver IP-based TV content and services and is powered by Broadcom's (Nasdaq: BRCM) BCM7231 IP STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, Broadcom, IBC, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ABOX42 showcases KabelKiosk HbbTV STB at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 12, 2012 – ABOX42 has announced that it is showing its 'B12' OTT STB at ANGA Cable 2012 running 'KabelKiosk Choice' from Eutelsat. ABOX42 is promoting the system as a companion service for integration by operators with their existing cable service.
News categories: ABOX42, Eutelsat, ANGA COM, Cable TV, HbbTV, OTT, Set Top Box
VESTEL presents Android STB with Beesmart middleware at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 11, 2012 – Vestel will show an Android set-top box with Beesmart middleware at Anga Cable 2012. The new Vestel box also supports the Ekioh web browser and operates on Edgeware, Anevia, Espial, and Bitband VOD servers.
News categories: Beenius, Vestel, ANGA COM, Middleware, Set Top Box
VideoWeb launches new line of low cost OTT set top boxes at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 16, 2012 – VideoWeb has launched its B12 line of OTT set top boxes at the IP&TV World Forum 2012. B12 includes hardware technology and software components such as an HTML4/5/CE-HTML browser, QT-client, HbbTV, DLNA and an advanced OTT media player.
News categories: VideoWeb, HbbTV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Video Exchange
Slowdown in N. American digital cable and satellite subscribers hurts video infrastructure market
Apr 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research earlier has released its 4Q10 Cable, Satellite, and IPTV Video Infrastructure and Subscribers market share and forecast report. Worldwide video encoder revenue increased 10% and topped the $100 million mark in 4Q10.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Pay-TV operators pause investments as subscribers slow, competition accelerates
Jun 29, 2010 – Infonetics Research has published 3 video-related market research reports: 2 1Q10 market share and forecast reports, Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers, and Video Infrastructure and Subscribers; and its new IPTV Services Deployment Strategies Survey.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Content Distribution, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box
2009 worldwide STB revenue down 5% from 2008
Apr 8, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released the fourth quarter (4Q09) editions of two video-related market share and forecast reports: Video Infrastructure and Subscribers and Set-Top Boxes and Subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Motorola ships 3.4 million digital entertainment devices in 4Q09
Jan 28, 2010 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2009. Motorola shipped 3.4 million digital entertainment devices during the quarter down from 4.7 million in the same period of 2008.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Content Protection, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021
- Megacable subscribers up 24,000 in 1Q 2021
- Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
- Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
- Verizon Media and VIZIO announce connected TV advertising partnership
- IBM extends Watson advertising AI to OTT media and streaming