Digital TV News: BlackBerry
Zee New Media launches India's first OTT distribution platform
Mar 2, 2012 – Zee New Media has launched India's first and only OTT distribution platform, Ditto TV, with an aim to offer LIVE TV Channels and On Demand Video Content to consumers on their Mobile Phones, Tablets, Laptops, Desktops, Entertainment Boxes and Connected TVs.
News categories: Zee, Ditto TV, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Tablet
Rovi Powers Video Store for BlackBerry PlayBook
Feb 27, 2012 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that Rovi Entertainment Store powers the new Video Store on BlackBerry® PlayBook™. Video Store provides consumers with convenient access to an extensive catalog of film and TV entertainment.
News categories: Rovi Corp, BlackBerry, Content Distribution, Media Player, Mobile, MWC22, Streaming, Tablet
Rovi Showcases Enabling Technologies at Mobile World Congress
Feb 27, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) will be demonstrating its latest solutions designed to enable mobile device manufacturers, operators, retailers and content owners to dramatically enhance the mobile discovery, delivery, and enjoyment of digital entertainment.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Media Player, Middleware, MWC22, Streaming
Monsoon Multimedia Adds Placeshifting to C2 Micro and Zenverge ICs
Jan 10, 2012 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced that it is porting its TV Anywhere placeshifting software engines to additional semiconductor platforms developed by C2 Microsystems, Inc. and Zenverge, Inc.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, C2 Micro, Zenverge, Middleware, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Streaming
Siano Debuts RallyTV, Bringing Live In-Vehicle Digital TV Directly to Apple, Android and BlackBerry Smartphones, Tablets, and Laptops
Jan 4, 2012 – Siano has announced the launch of RallyTV, a new platform for the delivery of high-quality, live in-vehicle digital TV for consumers on-the-go. RallyTV enables travelers to enjoy live TV broadcasts directly on their smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
News categories: Siano, CES2023, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Axentra HipServ® NAS Media Software available on ViXS® XCode® 4208 Network Media Processor
Jan 4, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced that Axentra has integrated its HipServ NAS software on ViXS' XCode 4208 Media Processor SoC providing consumers with a unique and simple home cloud experience.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Axentra, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
ROK Partners with BPS in Deployment of Mobile TV with Telenor Pakistan
Aug 8, 2011 – ROK Global (FWB:RKG) has announced an agreement with Brand Promotion Services (Pvt) Ltd (BPS), for the deployment of ROK's portfolio of revenue-generating mobile applications to Mobile Operator Telenor (Oslo:TEL) in Pakistan.
News categories: ROK Global, Telenor, Mobile, Pakistan
ARM Forecast to Significantly Increase Lead in the Battle for the Digital Home
Jul 12, 2011 – Preliminary findings from Semicast's forthcoming report 'Opportunities for Embedded Processors in the Digital Home' show ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH) increased its position as the leading architecture for embedded processors in digital home applications in 2010.
News categories: Semicast, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Adobe Pass for TV Everywhere: New Premium Video Authentication Solution Now Available
Mar 23, 2011 – Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) has announced the Adobe® Pass service, a new authentication solution that enables pay TV subscribers to easily access premium content from virtually any Internet-connected device.
News categories: Adobe Systems, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Tablet
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle