Digital TV News: Boxer
Sweden's Boxer to launch HD DTT on November 1st
Oct 14, 2010 – On November 1 Boxer will begin digital terrestrial HDTV broadcasting in Sweden. Initial coverage will extend to over half of Sweden's households with a phased roll-out planned to eventually cover virtually the entire country.
News categories: Boxer, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
SoftAtHome Powers Boxer's Next Generation TV
Sep 9, 2010 – SoftAtHome has announced that Boxer TV has selected the SoftAtHome Operating Platform to power its next generation TV offering including HDTV over DVB-T2 in combination with On Demand services over Internet.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Boxer TV, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Viaccess and Orca Interactive Power Boxer TV Service with Pace and SoftAtHome
Sep 2, 2010 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) and its subsidiary Orca Interactive have announced that their integrated solution will power Swedish broadcaster Boxer's hybrid services with live premium content and video on-demand (VOD).
News categories: Viaccess, Orca Interactive, Boxer, SoftAtHome, Pace plc, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVB-T2, DVR, IBC2022, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Informa Announces Digital TV World Summit 2009
Aug 14, 2009 – This November 2009 Informa Telecoms and Media continues its strong tradition of delivering high-quality speakers, topical debate and unrivalled networking opportunities at the Digital TV World Summit, 17th-18th November, London.
News categories: Digital TV World Summit, Informa Telecoms & Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Show, Streaming, Terrestrial
Boxer pay TV subscribers down 7k in Sweden & Denmark in 2Q09
Aug 13, 2009 – At the end of the second quarter 2009, DTT operator Boxer had 673,000 subscribers in Sweden and Denmark, down from 701,000 at the same time in 2008. The acquisition of Finland's PlusTV added 276,000 subscribers, to give a total of 949,000.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Finland, Results, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Broadcasting Commission of Ireland awards DTT Contracts to One Vision
May 11, 2009 – The Broadcasting Commission of Ireland has announced its decision to award the three national Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) multiplex contracts to One Vision, in principle.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Digital TV, Ireland, Terrestrial
Boxer Withdraws Application for Ireland's DTT
Apr 20, 2009 – The Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCI) has confirmed the decision of Boxer DTT Limited to withdraw its applications for the three DTT Multiplex Contracts.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, Boxer, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Terrestrial
Tough competition in Swedish digital-TV market continues for Boxer
Apr 16, 2009 – As at 31 March, Boxer had 680,000 digital-TV subscribers. This figure applies to both Sweden and the new operation in Denmark. Overall, the number of customers in Sweden continues to fall as a result of increasing competition.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Digital TV, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
Boxer subscriptions fall slightly due to tough competition in the mature Swedish digital TV market
Jan 14, 2009 – On 31 December 2008, Boxer had 689,000 digital TV subscriptions. The number of subscriptions fell by just under three percent during the year, from 709,000 at the beginning of the year.
News categories: Boxer, Denmark, Digital TV, Ireland, Subscribers, Sweden, Terrestrial
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin