Digital TV News: CANAL OVERSEAS
Kudelski saw strong growth in South America in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 annual results. 2012 was marked by strong demand for the Group's portfolio in South America, becoming the second largest market after the US for the Group.
News categories: Kudelski, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, Nigeria, Results, Tanzania
CANAL+ and Kudelski announce Swiss partnership
Mar 16, 2011 – In the framework of the April launch of a new HD package, CANAL+/CANALSAT Switzerland has selected Nagravision's (SIX: KUD.S) Nagra Media Access conditional access system to provide subscribers with access to HD content delivered via satellite.
News categories: Nagravision, CANALSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
CANAL+ receives authorisation for Tunisian satellite service
Jun 25, 2010 – CANAL OVERSEAS has announced the signing of a convention with the Tunisian Ministry of Communication, enabling the commercialisation in Tunisia of the CANAL+ PACKAGE, the first range of French channels by satellite in Northern Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Tunisia
Kudelski Group delivers strong second half 2009 results
Feb 26, 2010 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2009 annual results. Digital TV sales in the second half were particularly strong growing by 27.3% compared to the first half.
News categories: Kudelski, Brazil, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Finland, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, USA
Canal+ launches K+ DTH in Vietnam
Jan 12, 2010 – The CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch of K+ in Vietnam, the new bouquet of satellite channels operated by its subsidiary VSTV. The launch follows the signing last June of a partnership between CANAL+ and Vietnamese broadcaster VTV.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
CANAL OVERSEAS Selects NDS to Deliver External PVR with a Flash EPG
Oct 7, 2009 – NDS has announced that CANAL OVERSEAS (Paris:VIV) is introducing a personal video recorder (PVR) service with a Flash™-based Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) developed by NDS.
News categories: NDS Group, CANAL OVERSEAS, Caribbean, Digital TV, DVR, Mascarene Islands, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Canal+ converts 240,000 to digital in 1st half 2009
Sep 1, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for the first half of 2009. Canal+'s migration of analog subscribers accelerated over the past six months with nearly 240,000 upgrades to digital since January 2009, ahead of targets.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Canal+ and VTV to launch pay-TV platform in Vietnam
Jun 15, 2009 – CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) and VTV, the Vietnamese state broadcaster, have announced the launch of a satellite pay-TV bouquet in Vietnam.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
Canal+ France adds 75,000 subscriptions Y-o-Y to end-Q1
May 14, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has announced results for the first quarter of 2009. With the launch of the 'neufbox by SFR', SFR added 163,000 net new broadband customers in the period. Canal+ France year-on-year portfolio growth was 75,000 subscriptions.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers
- Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
- DTH subscribers down 970,000 in India in 3Q 2021
- Global consumer media usage growth slowed to 1.6% in 2021
- castLabs DRM protects online content for PBS
- NBCUniversal and RTL AdConnect offer joint access to ad inventory
- ERT upgrades OTT platform with Telmaco and Insys VT
- QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
- TCL integrates WiSA wireless audio connectivity module
- Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
- Disruptel partners with TCL to develop AI-driven viewing experiences
- Canal+ delivers low-latency streaming on Apple TV with ATEME
- Atlanta DTH announces compact USB ATSC 3.0 TV receiver