Digital TV News: CBS Corp
CBS and Viacom to combine
Aug 13, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A, CBS) and Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB) have agreed to merge. The combined company, ViacomCBS, will be a global, multiplatform, premium content company, with the assets, capabilities and scale to be one of the most important content producers and providers in the world.
News categories: Viacom, CBS, Bob Bakish, Joe Ianniello, Shari Redstone, Digital TV, MandA, USA, Worldwide
CBS partners with AI-powered consumer insights platform Canvs
Mar 1, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS and CBS.A) has announced that it will integrate Canvs Surveys, an AI-powered platform to automate the coding of open-ended responses to survey questions. Using Canvs Surveys, CBS can measure the efficacy of ads and benchmark future programs' successes.
News categories: Canvs, CBS, Jared Feldman, Radha Subramanyam, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
CBS renews audience measurement with Nielsen
Jan 12, 2019 – CBS (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) and Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) have announced an agreement for Nielsen national, digital and local audience measurement. The renewal encompasses a range of services.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, David Kenny, Joe Ianniello, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
CBS And Nielsen collaborate on dynamic ad insertion in live broadcasts
May 14, 2018 – CBS and Nielsen have announced that they are working on a collaboration that will deliver Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) in live linear national broadcast television, helping to actualize and progress addressable advertising.
News categories: CBS, Nielsen, Jo Ann Ross, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
CBS All Access launches in Canada
Apr 23, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, has launched in Canada, marking its first expansion into an international market.
News categories: CBS Interactive, CBS All Access, Marc DeBevoise, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Streaming
CBS launches 24/7 direct-to-consumer streaming network for sports
Feb 26, 2018 – CBS has launched CBS SPORTS HQ, a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The new digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive.
News categories: CBS Corp, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports, Leslie Moonves, Jim Lanzone, Sean McManus, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming
fuboTV passes 100k subscribers
Oct 10, 2017 – fuboTV has passed the 100,000 subscriber milestone. Originally launching in January 2015 as a streaming soccer destination, fuboTV has built a new over-the-top (OTT) live service that offers fans the most sports for the least money.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
CBS to use Nielsen out-of-home measurement
Sep 21, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that CBS (NYSE: CBS.A; CBS) has subscribed to Nielsen's National Out-of-Home Reporting Service. The agreement provides CBS with ratings for all programming and commercial content that aired on the Network for live plus seven days of time-shifted viewing.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, Peter Bradbury, David F. Poltrack, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV